Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just purchased a G35 coupe 6mt fully loaded. The previous owner stated the only thing wrong with the car is the GPS does not work. I purchased the car and have played with it sometimes (pushing the button so it comes up) and I have seen it work 2 times. Once it works it operates great, until the key is turned off, then it doesn't operate any more. I have tried a voodoo of pushing buttons wiggling the screen to try and find a sort. I am new to these cars but I am by no means new to wiring/mechanics. I am looking for something that locates the power box in this car for the GPS and a chart that shows what it should be doing (like to test it with a volt/ohms meter). It worked awesome (when it works) and I really want to get it to work. I have searched this forum and the g35 driver forum trying to find a tech guide or at least someone that has replaced the power box. I only found a few thread that were stating the GPS stopped working after replacing a battery. Thank you for your time in reading this and helping with this issue.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Sounds like a possibly loose power wire or something. I'd start by taking the h/u out and checking all the connections. Never know, it could be something simple

sent from Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen what has to happen for the h/u (assuming that's short for head unit)to come out with all the panels on the side and top part being taken off. I plan on doing that to find this problem. I just was hoping to get a little more guidance on where the power box is for the GPS unit. Thank you for your speedy reply :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the referral gilley, but that one you have to pay for on the 2003 coupe... I did however find this awesome web site that has all the layouts of the service manual in PDF format Index of /FSM/G35/Coupe

thanks for the speedy reply... I found my problem turned out to be part of the electric fuses in the box was not connected good on one side... cleaned it up real good and put a new fuse in now it works great.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
** Good discovery on the fuse connection.
:)

That's not trivial and others may experience a similar issue. Your posting this can certainly help and save them $$ or time troubleshooting..
Thanks for doing so!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts