Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Navi's are linked up with the Atomic Clock in Boulder,CO. I was wondering if the digital time on the Navi will change automatically tonight with the time change, or maybe the Satellite will update it?
Also, does the time change automatically when you drive from one time zone to another?
TIA [8D]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Excellent question!

Once you go BLACK...you never go BACK! Coming soon to the Jersey Turnpike: Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather, 18",Premi, Navi, Aero, Auto

2Black2Strong

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My CL's navi does not do this. I always wished it would. It's very easy to update, you just have to hit the "Hour +" or "HOUR -" buttons, but still something that you'd think could be automatic. Since the satellites used for GPS were not and in many instances still are not meant for consumers or commercial use, I don't think they implemented this feature. However, I have a radio freq. clock in my house that is great and doesn't require any kind of satellite connection!

I guess the cost is not justified for something that only happens twice a year! [:D]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
18 Posts
The G35 nav clock is not set by the atomic clock. But it's clock setting is easy to use. You set the time, on a separate field you set your time zone, and on another field you set the daylight savings on or off. When there is a change in the DST or time zone, you change that field, then change it back again later. Very easy to use. There is also the analog clock on the dash which is set separately from the the nav digital clock so it is possible for the two clocks to be off by a few minutes if you're not careful. It's also possible to have 2 time zones showing on the 2 clocks!

BTW, this is my first post. Just got my G a few days ago!

Jim
6MTCoupe/DesertPlatinum/Graph/Prem/Nav/Aero

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I was actually a little irritated on my last trip to see that it's not smart enough to compare its location to a time zone map and adjust the time as I traveled. Seriously, I could program that and I suck at programming.

It was an idiotic oversite.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">......It was an idiotic oversite.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[bowdown]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts