Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my G35 6MT a few weeks ago and already I'm having problems with the Navigation system. After the initial disclaimer screen, all I get is a little message at the bottom of the display saying "Disc Error." Has anyone else had this problem with their Navigation system? Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hmm I had that problem with my CD changer...haven't heard of anyones Navi doing that though!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Did you try ejecting the disc, cleaning it and putting it back in?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
This has happened twice in the 60,000 miles I've driven my CL. For me, rebooting the system (turning the car off and on) will clear up the problem. Does this work for you? Maybe your disc is scratched/smudged or has condensation on it. Check out the disc and take it to Infiniti.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried several things to try to fix this on my own. First, I tried ejecting the disc, cleaning it, and putting it back in. No luck. Then, I tried turning the car off and on and still no luck. Finally, I tried unplugging the battery and then re-plugging and no luck. I may just have to go to the Infiniti dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds to me like a fault reading on the disc head. If you tried all these other suggestions, then I would definitely take it ot the dealer and have it fixed under warranty.

-Jedi

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have the same problems... has anyone gotten this fixed?

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity... I have erased this line."
'04 6MT Coupe/Ivory Pearl/Willow/Premium/Navi/Aero (no spoiler)/Crazy Driver(came standard)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Same problem here; three times in the past few days on a 1.5 month old car. I can eject the disc and put it back in but if I keep having to do this, I want Infiniti to give my my 2K back. There is a very tiny scratch on the disc, but nothing that should cause a problem. Wonder is this falls into the Lemon Law?

|04 G35c|5at|diamond graphite|willow|premium pkg|sport pkg|perf wheel & tire pkg|aero 1|nav|xm|

·
Registered
391 Posts
Check the "G35 coupe" forum "Nav disk errors" for an update on this. People have been getting them swaped out.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity... I have erased this line."
'04 6MT Coupe/Ivory Pearl/Willow/Premium/Navi/Aero (no spoiler)/Crazy Driver(came standard)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts