1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Nice links Bob, especially the last one! Wish I had gotten the Navi now with mine...may have to have on installed anyway...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chaz,
Yea, I am starting to wish I had one on my coupe as well. Maybe someone will come out with a retro-fit for the ones without.

Bob
2003 G35SC 6MT
Laser Red

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for someone to help me do the modification. I am not an engineer or technical type of person and don't want to risk my $2000 navigation investment not working anymore. Does anyone live in or around LA that can help me do the install/modification. Of course I will provide compensation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too am that way. How about anyone in texas? Also can the navigation system look up phone #'s like the yellow pages?

2003 G35 Coupe 6M/T
Black on Black

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You could probably have a high end car stereo shop do it. Are you guys talking about putting in the stock navi? That might cost quite a bit if you buy all the parts through Infiniti. Let alone installation costs.

My Acura CL with DVD Navi can look up phone numbers. It will also show phone numbers if I look up a restaurant name or something... very useful if you want to call or order ahead!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the stock nav system installed already. I would really like my system to to play DVD's. I will be calling around today to find someone to do it for me. That would be cool if the G35 Nav could look up phone numbers. Has anyone did this?

G35 Coupe

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Nav will only automatically display a phone number if the destination is a hospital. You can also enter a phone number (for a business) and the nav can find it on the map for you. I'm not sure, but I think if you find a destination and click the "more info" button, it will give you the address and phone number... but again, only for listed businesses.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info Bob.[bowdown]
Let me know when you get to watch DVDs & how u like it [8D]
Can't wait to install that function in my G ride! [rockon]

2003 O.B. G35 Coupe, 5AT, Prem, NAV, Aero, 18" Upgrade....Da Bizzle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts