Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else despise those ugly caution sticker things on the underside of their driver and passenger sun visors? I started to try to pull one off - but i can't tell if they are sewed in or if pulling it off will ruin the fabric on the visor.

Anyone do this yet or have any ideas???

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've thought the same thing. It looks to me like it would destroy the visor, but I'd love to see a solution.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I tried to remove them on my last car... it wasn't a good idea. I think they make it that way since it contains safety warnings and all.

Good luck to anyone else who tries, but I wouldn't if I were you.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
it is there for the same reason as the "I Agree" screen on the navigation system. Infiniti has to "cover their A$$" when it comes to safety issues. personally, i can deal with the caution sticker thing... especially since i keep my eyes on the road more than my sun visors, so i dont really notice them anyway...

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I read a post somewhere that someone removed the G's visor sticker and it totally destroyed the visor. Semi's right. I've been lucky and gotten off a few of them, but the ones on the G are the toughest I've seen.

After you remove it, all that's left is glue and ratty, ripped up fabric! I believe the guy had to replace it after he tried. Wish he had included some pics, because I was curious to see how bad it would really look.

Could always go online (maybe Ebay) and look for aftermarket, generic visors that would fit [dunno]

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VQ - - I think i found that same post somewhere. I also remember someone saying that they had their dealer remove their caution stickers - not sure to believe them or not b/c i can't see the dealer being able to do it, but no one else has figured out how - but it may be worth a phone call.

I thought of using some type of adhesive remover like goo gone, but i think that might leave a stain. The other thing i thought about was to take a razor and cut out the center of the caution notice (looks like only the edges are attached). I'm not sure if a white rectagle would look better or worse - if anyone could do a "PhotoShop It" I'd appreciate it.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts