Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

My very first post!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  kloh 
#1 ·
Hello all. I took delivery of my Laser Red 6MT last night in the rain (ticked me off). I am a new convert from Acura. I recognize some of the names from the www.acura-cl.com forum. I hope to learn about the car and its quirks and capabilities. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as I become a n00b all over again![:I]

#2 ·
Welcome GTO. I too just sold my CL-s, and came over from Acura-cl.com. Seems to be a mass exodus on that board! Anyway, I loved my CL, but the main reason for my jump was the tranny and rear wheel drive. Not to mention the G35 is one of the most beautiful cars on the road!

Also, send pics of your new beast and we'll add it to the gallery... pics@6mt.net

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

#3 ·
Welcome to the board GTO2050. I'm another former acura owner as well -- although I had an integra, not a CL.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

#6 ·
Hey GTO

Welcome!!!!![clapper] We are a BIG Happy Family here so you will fit in just perfect. [:D]

Talk to you soon [cheers]

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

#7 ·
Hello everyone,
I,m new here. I came upon this site yesterday by accident. I've ordered a G35coupe D/G -D/G - premium and splash guard since end of April. Mine should be in around June 20. I'm counting my days to put my hands on her. It is 6MT.
kinschan

#10 ·
Welcome GTO and kinsg! Good to have you both aboard. GTO, that's a heckuva name--conjures up all kinds of wonderful cars (even an old Pontiac).

As a small intro, I came very close (very) to getting a 6mt CL (drove many examples between both coasts). Only two things dissuaded me: I just couldn't get used to the clutch and dealers for 1200 miles around (yes, I had a wide search area) just didn't have an idea (call it, "my idea") of what a deal should look like. Thus, the good choice of moving on to the G35 for me.

Oh and by the way, I lurked for a long time on both of the Acura forums that I knew of. Very good people there. I hope there's a "Comptech" type company for the G; that's one helluva company.[^]

On with the driving...[:D]

#11 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. it seems like a lot of CL/TL convert here. My neigbor got a CL 6MT about 5 months ago. He is not going be too happy with me. We just got a blue 350Z 6MT no more than 2 months. When I get my DG 6MT in two weeks, it is going get him sick. He is a good guy anyway[:D]

#13 ·
Thanks Guys. I lucked out. Ramsey Infiniti called me on Monday this week and said they had 4 6MT's that were available immediately. I almost jumped through the phone. Took delivery on Tuesday in the rain. Pissed me off! Thanks for the advice. I use the same name on the cl.com forum. Were you guys members over there?

The GTO2050 comes from AOL. I have a 68 GTO and when I registered at AOL for AIM, it gives you 3 chances to pick a name before it locks you out for 24 hours. I tried 68GTO and all the other derivatives and got locked out twice. Takes me awhile to learn but I finally took it's suggestion....GTO2050.

#14 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kinsg

We just got a blue 350Z 6MT no more than 2 months. When I get my DG 6MT in two weeks, it is going get him sick.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
kinsg, you're gonna have to let us know how the Z and G compare. Awesome that you will have both! [thmsup]

-Ken

#15 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kinsg

We just got a blue 350Z 6MT no more than 2 months. When I get my DG 6MT in two weeks, it is going get him sick.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
kinsg, you're gonna have to let us know how the Z and G compare. Awesome that you will have both! [thmsup]

-Ken

Ken,

My salesman just called me, he said my baby just rolled off the truck. She came in 2 weeks earlier than ETA. I'm going try to pick her up today or tomorrow. I'll definitely tell you how the 2 compare.
Personally, I hope the G will give me a more comfortable ride. We shall see, I'll post a pic of the 2 as soon as I have the chance.

Kin
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

kinschan

#16 ·
kinsg,

we'll understand if we don't hear from you for awhile... probably out driving your new G. Congrats!

-Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.