Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the G35 coupe is new for 2003, I'm curious what everyone's previous car was (or still is for those with lots of $$$$).

And if you have any regrets.

[bigeyes]

My last car was a 1999 BMW M Roadster. No regrets here. The M handeled better, but there's nothing I can't do on the streets with the G that I could do with the BMW. Of course I'm getting up in age, so being fast and comfortable at the same time is appealing. [jump2]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
1998 Hyundai Elantra 5 speed. Total college car. No regrets (duh).

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Integra. No regrets.

Also had a VTEC Prelude at one point and that was a lot of fun to drive. But there is no comparison between that and the G.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
818 Posts
Acura CL Type-S...This car blows that Acura away in just about every facet...but the memory seats came in handy...

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ford F-150 Supercrew 4X4

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still driving my 1999 Mustang Cobra. But that won't be for too much longer, my G should be here in about 3 to 4 weeks[:D] I'm pretty sure I won't have any regrets with the G!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for my 6MT Capri G35. Driving my SVT for the mean time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Forest Green Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 3.2 inch pulley, [email protected] cone kit, borla, and 18 inch rims. But who the fack cares when we compare it to what we have now[bowdown]

·
Registered
869 Posts
Still driving my 2000 Silver Honda Civic SiR... but I am holding out for the AWD sedan now!!!

I am saving up, so I can buy the car outright

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sirmilton

Still driving my 2000 Silver Honda Civic SiR... but I am holding out for the AWD sedan now!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Milt, didn't you have a DG sedan on order? Or am I confusing you with someone else? [dunno]

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm still having my 2000 Turbo prelude in addition to the G. But since the day I got the G, I drive it most of the time because it is the ultimate pimpin coupe..

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a Nissan Maxima. No regrets for me either, although sometimes I miss the extra trunk space.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
5 Posts
my old car is still my 1991 turbo mr2. LOL i have not bought the g35 yet.

personally i do not feel a g35 coupe can beat my 1991 turbo mr2 in any form from personal to power and handling. but i do feel teh g35 coupe is an awesome car in its own.

i raced a 350z once and i pulled away from it from start to finish and its want even close. so with this i say i can definity beat a g35.

but i am not being fair because my mr2 turbo is very much modded from engine to suspension , brakes, and almost everything , also i put my mr2 on a diet and it lost about 350lbs, so it weights 2535lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My previous ride was a classic. A 1984 Volvo GL Turbo. My mechanic called it the stealth Volvo. Used to snack on unsuspecting Porsche's on Hwy 17.

But, the 6MT is way much quicker!
-In response the "top speed" post, I've got the G up to 145 mph on Hwy 1. I noticed that the cruise control wouldn't lock in above 90 though. [banghead]

·
Registered
15 Posts
1993 just about to finish college and I buy a honda civic DX. Kept it till I got the G. Still have it and my wife's 93 full size blazer. Plan on keepin the G for 10 years too but that doesn't mean there isn't something else in my future.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I upgraded from a 2 door Saturn coupe, and boy was it an upgrade. I gave the Saturn to my dad and he loves it. Every time I see it at his place I'm glad I got my G. My only regret is getting the clear bra; it's doesn't go well on black.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jtb

My only regret is getting the clear bra; it's doesn't go well on black.

Tell me more! Can you take some pics to show what it looks like after a couple of miles? This is just the info I have been waiting for. I looked at my bumper the other day and said "[bigeyes]maybe I should have gotten that clear bra..."

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35inTampa

Since the G35 coupe is new for 2003, I'm curious what everyone's previous car was (or still is for those with lots of $$$$).

And if you have any regrets.

[bigeyes]

My last car was a 1999 BMW M Roadster. No regrets here. The M handeled better, but there's nothing I can't do on the streets with the G that I could do with the BMW. Of course I'm getting up in age, so being fast and comfortable at the same time is appealing. [jump2]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

2003 G35SC| 6MT | Dmd Grph + Willow Lthr |If it was an option, I think I got it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
'99 Saab 93 Automatic
9 months before -- '97 Wrangler
1 year before -- '97 Dodge RAM D150
1 year before -- '94 Toyota Pickup

I hope I'm bucking a trend that's been going on for a while.
I had an '81 280ZX which I'm kicking myself for selling!!

No regrets, No regrets....of course, I've owned the car for less than a week :)

2003 G35SC| 6MT | Dmd Grph + Willow Lthr |If it was an option, I think I got it...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts