Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a g35 good price but the radio don't work an the air conditioning stays on an I have to drive it home 3 hours away

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
There are two reasons this is happening.

1. Your circuit board on your radio is fried and you need a new radio, or

2. Someone forgot to reconnect the cabin temperature sensor. It's easy to forget.

The hose is easy to check.

Remove the dash panel under the steering wheel. It's the wide on at your knees. You'll only need a 10 mm socket to remove the nut at the hood latch handle.

There is a black hose that attaches to a sensor mounted on the right side of the panel on the back. make sure the hose is connected to the sensor.

If the hose is not your problem, then you'll have to replace the radio because the AC controller shares a circuit board with the radio. Search for G35 radio circuit board and you'll find plenty of info.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two reasons this is happening.

1. Your circuit board on your radio is fried and you need a new radio, or

2. Someone forgot to reconnect the cabin temperature sensor. It's easy to forget.

The hose is easy to check.

Remove the dash panel under the steering wheel. It's the wide on at your knees. You'll only need a 10 mm socket to remove the nut at the hood latch handle.

There is a black hose that attaches to a sensor mounted on the right side of the panel on the back. make sure the hose is connected to the sensor.

If the hose is not your problem, then you'll have to replace the radio because the AC controller shares a circuit board with the radio. Search for G35 radio circuit board and you'll find plenty of info.
I appreciate the reply back I'll go check this

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Get the best warranty for the money.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Or you can replace it with a used unit or a double DIN unit

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or you can replace it with a used unit or a double DIN unit
Yeah but don't I have to get something so I can use my air conditioning Controls also, how can I turn the ac compressor off till I get this fixed

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
You can buy the Metra double din kit and a double din radio. The Metra kit has AC con told built into it.

I better but slightly more expensive way is to buy the Nissan JDM double din trim piece and the JDM AC controller. In the Japanese market, the cars do not have the integrated radio and AC controls.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can buy the Metra double din kit and a double din radio. The Metra kit has AC con told built into it.

I better but slightly more expensive way is to buy the Nissan JDM double din trim piece and the JDM AC controller. In the Japanese market, the cars do not have the integrated radio and AC controls.
Will this one work remember I have navigation

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Metra-997604-03-04-Infinity-G35-Dash-Installation-Kit/36792389?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=176&adid=22222222228024568932&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=62925545049&wl4=pla-99460365129&wl5=9013279&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=108212685&wl11=online&wl12=36792389&wl13=&veh=sem

Also will I need to buy anything thing an can I get a regular radio with this metro kit

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
That's the Metra kit.

You'll need a wire harness adapter, an antenna adapter, and ofcourse, a double din radio.

Get a radio with Navigation and forget about the outdated OEM navi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the Metra kit.

You'll need a wire harness adapter, an antenna adapter, and ofcourse, a double din radio.

Get a radio with Navigation and forget about the outdated OEM navi.
Will cruise controll still work?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Cruise control should still work.

If you get the JDM kit, the navigation will still fit in its stock location so you can still use the screen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cruise control should still work.

If you get the JDM kit, the navigation will still fit in its stock location so you can still use the screen.
I would like to have that kit but that's to much money for me I bought the Metro kit for 199$ with harnesses an atenna adapter I'll probably install a single pin radio nothing to fancy as I have my phone for GPS an so on as phones are high tech now days but causes wrecks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts