Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my car has 3,200 miles on it and i thought i'de take it in for an oil change since it was time. I called them up and they said that the first oil change is free and told me to bring the car in since they were not busy.

I took the car in and they said that there is no such thing...i drove 20 miles for nothing and 20 miles back. I thought this was pathetic. I told them to talk to my sales person but that guy didn't work there anymore. I told them that i drove a long way and would appreciate it alot if they did something to get me this oil change because i had only like 15 bux cash on me. He said no we can't do anything and even denied talking to me on the phone prior to me getting there. I was soooo mad. I got in my car, smeared my excess treads from my tires onto there service lot and new car lot and got the hell outta there. I'm never giong back there again, i'll just take it to my local dealer 1 mile away from me.

They were so rude and it was like they just wanted to get rid of me from there. damn losers

btw...it was Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, Monrovia California.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
that blows, hyeteck. I'd definitely report it to Infiniti Consumer Affairs. Make sure you get the names of the individuals you talked with. By the way, I bought my coupe at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys and got pretty good service there when I got my first oil change (not free though). The Beverly Hills dealership closed down not too long ago and the Van Nuys folks are taking all of their service orders now.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand gardiner but its not the idea of the oil change its the way they treat customers like shit.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There are so many ways for consumers to get even these days, and posting this information is a step in the right direction. I would write your local papers and send e-mails about this to the news stations in town as well. If this information gets in the right hands, it will do you and many others a lot of good.

Oh, and I would CC the dealership on all correspondence.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
3 Posts
DUDEE... same shit happened to me!!!! and at the same metro infiniti!! but my situtation was kinda different. When we bought the car, they gave me these coupons for "free oil changes." My parents somehow lost them, so i asked went to metro and asked them if there was anything they could do about it. and they told that he doesnt know anything about coupons that give "free oil changes" i was like... WTF FOOL u gave me this paper 30 days ago, when i bought the car. yeah i personally really dislike this dealership, but its the only one within the area

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
this is DEFINITELY worth a call or letter to Infiniti Consumer Affairs. Sounds VERY sketchy to me. Not something a luxury car manufacturer wants to have going on at one of their dealerships. Nissan, maybe... but not Infiniti.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Absolutely report this to Consumer Affairs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm starting to think the notion of great Infiniti service is a myth. Hopefully you will get a call from Infiniti someday, since they are supposed to have some sort of followup. Give 'em hell.

LT

·
Registered
119 Posts
These are the days! I hope I do not actually have to go back to the dealer soon. I have managed to change my oil twice and rotate the tires once, all with light tools found in my spartan garage. I hope to drag this self guided do-it-myself plan right up to the 15,000 mile major check up. I have also developed a healthy respect for this machine since I have had it in pieces in my driveway. I can tell you that the tips I have picked up in this forum are instrumental in keeping my machine in top condition. As much as the supposed luxury appeal on this car is to those of us that do not like to get dirty, I have enjoyed it. I strongly suggest that the other readers of this consider looking after there machines by themselves, saving a few more bucks and ensuring that the right things get done, with the right parts, at the right time. It's the only way to be sure.

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts