Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my first race minutes after taking my G home. The stupid VDC killed me going into second due to a tiny amount of wheel chirp, this against an F150 that was HEAVILY modified. I was able to catch back up with him though, moments before a cop pulled out...

Thank god for those Brembos.

I took a hot little Asian chick to school in a Boxter the other day, racing around Goldwater (for the Az folks) up near Scottsdale Fashion Square. She wasn't confident enough to push through the turns like I me.

Yesterday, a Dodge Intrepid (I think, didn't get a good look at him ;) ) and a modified Le Baron pulled up on both sides of me. Coming over the Papago mountains on McDowell Rd. Again, I forgot to kill the VDC and it grabbed me off the line and coming out of 1st. However, the Le Baron disappeared fast. The Intrepid actually kept up with me until about 75 when he ran out of power and I was still in fourth...

·
Registered
172 Posts
nice! sigh...how I want to have my g.....

my friend still didnt post his racing tale between him (an si) and a new coupe, but Ill have him do it soon, promise

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I came upon a new Si the other day. The second he saw me, he jumped out of traffic and took off, bating the chase so to speak. I lept up to meet him, and blazed past at which point he turned off, denying me the pleasure...

Wuss.

·
Registered
172 Posts
oh yes, the new si's suck to say the absolute least. but youll laugh when you read my friends story, he might come over tonight and ill have him post it, itll be sometime this week

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Good work with the G! Gotta keep it's good name by burning all the crappy cars out there. My CL constantly gets picked on by civics, integras, preludes and everything else Honda. I'm usually a conservative driver, but if any of those jackasses try to take me I gas it. Later punks.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta represent!

I'm still getting the hang of this transmission though. It's so far from what I'm used to that I'm still learning on this. There's a pretty profound difference between the five speed standard in an economy car and a short throw sport shifter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
man the more i hear you people talking about this, the more im drooling over a manual g35c. i think ive convinced myself i want a manual but ill still habe to try it (sorry semi) and itll be my parents decision too because theyre gonna help me pay for it, dont worry im spoiled, but not that spoiled, they are not paying that much of it, just helping so i dont have any loans.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup, new Si's suck ass..my 2000 Si whoops on them and its stock!...What is honda doing making a newer slower car?...I wouldn't go as far as saying Si's are crappy well except for the new 2002. I like beating A4 with 1.8 T's or door to door with the newer model (222hp)Maxima the dude freaked out (telling me in spanish) "wow that car dips man!" put him maybe not the car but him to shame. they paid all that to get beaten by a 4 cyl. NA Honda. sheesh. No comparison with the G tho..none at all. No point in racing even...but i don't blame ya...with a new car...heck i'll race myself.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
3 Posts
G35 Coupe 6spd (just turned 1243 miles) vs. BMW 330 something.

BMW pulls up, looks at the car and starts revving.
I don't normally race but I said what the hell.
It was very late, no one on road.
This is THE test.
Light turns green.
Bye, Bye.
By third gear, I was a full car ahead.
By fifth he just gave up.(100plus)

I love this car.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah you should have no problem smoking a 330. I can beat them in my Sedan and you have 25more horses and a stick...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I like that new Audi commercial where the two neighbors get in their cars, one with an Audi and one with a 3-series. The audi dude adjusts the mirror to back out and the 3-series guy adjust the mirror to check himself out! [lol][lol][lol]

So true [thmsup]

6-speed

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I love fast cars, that is why I thought it was great when my wife wanted the G35 sedan. We have not really gotten onto the throttle yet, only 130 miles on it. It is funny how folks want to race you when you have a fast car. You should see the guys pull up next to me when I am in my Vette and want to race me in their Civics.

2003.5 Blue Sedan

·
Registered
7 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Good work with the G! Gotta keep it's good name by burning all the crappy cars out there. My CL constantly gets picked on by civics, integras, preludes and everything else Honda. I'm usually a conservative driver, but if any of those jackasses try to take me I gas it. Later punks.

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[wstupid]
Umm.. you shouldn't make fun of honda's seeing as you drive a CL (which btw is not fast by any standard, well maybe geo metros)... not that i drive one or care, just thought i should point out the fact that you're a total moron..

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by g35brando

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

6-speed
[wstupid]
Umm.. you shouldn't make fun of honda's seeing as you drive a CL (which btw is not fast by any standard, well maybe geo metros)... not that i drive one or care, just thought i should point out the fact that you're a total moron..
Probably not a good ideal to call the Administrator a moron![lol]

2003.5 Blue Sedan

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
AGREED Gardiner...not smart Brando but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Oh and I do believe the Acura CL is on a whole other class than all the cars V mentioned...not to mention FASTER than those cars. I also do not believe he is stating his CL is really fast...read it carefully brando...JUST faster than the cars he mentioned and the CL IS!!!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Brando, I think you missed the entire point of that post. I was saying the the CL only seems to get respect as a fast car in the Honda community... thus other Hondas always want to see it move.

And yes, the CL-S is a very quick car... STOCK. Anything can be modded and be quick. We're talking stock here.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQAnd yes, the CL-S is a very quick car... STOCK. Anything can be modded and be quick. We're talking stock here.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Is the CL-S as fast as the TL-S V? I know the four doors are definately working against the TL, but do the actual 0-60 times differ by much? I guess it's the same situation between the G35 Coupe and Sedan, conveniance over performance. Although the sedan does zing right behind the coupe in most cases...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts