Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for people that are waiting for their car to come in, I ordered my stripped 2003 G35 6MT ( I only got the trunk mat as an option) from in late May from a Atlantic Infiniti in Jacksonville and the car came in for delivery today but its a 2004 model.

I'm assuming they'll keep the price the same considering I ordered and put down a deposit on a 2003 but we'll see when I pick it up tomorrow. But for those of you that ordered after May, you may be getting a 2004 when it comes in.

2003 G35C | 6MT | Diamond Graphite + Willow Leather

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

Great timing! You should get an '04 at the sales price agreed upon when you ordered it. It ain't your fault that they unilaterally elected to give you an '04. Even so, the '04s don't have much of a price increase.

Please let us know how you were treated when you went to get the car.

'03.5 6MT (DP ~w/WL)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up the car yesterday. Too early to report on the car as I've only put about 50 miles on it. So far so good

The dealer stuck me with the $250 price increase blaming the manufacturer. Despite the fact they're makng a healthy margin on the deal, my complaints on the price increase were of no avail. I tried to stick to my guns with the agreed upon price, but there was a disclaimer in the customer purchase order I signed over price increases and I wasn't going to walk over that much money considering how long I've waited and the fact that the '04 will be better for resale purposes.

The car had a little nick on the front bumper by where the license plate should be that was about an 1/8 of an inch wide by about an inch long. They told me I could come back in to get it repaired on Thursday and they'd give me a loaner car, so I guess I'm OK with that.

Then they put the high pressue "make sure you give us an excellent rating" BS on me. I'm undecided how I'm going to evaluate them right now. The overall experience was OK, but considering I paid MSRP plus a $295 "dealer processsing fee", waited 3 months for the car to come in only to find out that I've got to pay another $250, I wasn't overall impressed by the dealership considering the brand image Infiniti tries to portray.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you weren't happy with the purchasing experience, do NOT rate them well. The dealership will never improve that way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

<font face="Georgia">I agree with Semi On. If they did that and if they are going to be scrooges as to the parts you want added on after the sale, then I would burn them too. The evaluation must be important to them or they would not be pressuring you about giving them a 'good' rating. You should be getting a phone call by Friday also asking you to rate the dealer/sales experience. </font id="Georgia">

'03.5 6MT ~ (DP w/ WL)

·
Registered
2 Posts
bpcolorado,

I also have an 'S' order. I'm getting a 2004 Ivory Pearl 6MT Coupe w/ sunroof. Dealer told me that I could expect it on 9/1 or 9/2. If that is the case, then it'll make for a very good Labor Day. I'll just have to take a day or two off of work to get proficient at driving stick.

I went it on 8/29 to sign contract and paperwork. Staff at Sewell Infiniti in Dallas, TX were pretty good. I need to negotiate to get some more freebies though. So far, they agreed to install wheel locks for free.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts