Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Nissan Altima's trip computer does more than just stack up miles when reset. It also has a MPG calculator for each tank of gas, and a real time MPG meter that displays average MPG while you drive! The worst part... you get it in all trim levels, even the cheapy S! Why don't our $40,000.00 G's get this at least in the premium package trim!? [banghead]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Developed earlier?

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MTTC was developed in most cars around 1998. Well, at least my dad's 99' VW Passat has it. However, maybe you're right. Nissan engineers probably didn't start using it till after the G35 was brought out by Infiniti, although I think the Altima was redesigned before the introduction of our G's no? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
[dunno]

Not sure why you guys think the G doesn't have this feature. Mine does. It also has a maintenance feature where you can set how often you want oil changes and such. When you get really low on gas (with 10 miles remaining) it will automatically give you a warning on the screen and ask you if you'd like to find the nearest gas stations.

I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

[dunno]

Not sure why you guys think the G doesn't have this feature. Mine does. It also has a maintenance feature where you can set how often you want oil changes and such. When you get really low on gas (with 10 miles remaining) it will automatically give you a warning on the screen and ask you if you'd like to find the nearest gas stations.

I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey lead, you are one lucky SOB and I'll be dammed if mine has this and I haven't discoverd it yet. Is that inside your navi system, or in your odometer trip computer? If premium sedans have this, mine should have it too for sure! I checked the owner's manual not too long ago, and could find anythiing special about the trip meter other than trip A and trip B. Yeah let us know!

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sorry guys, it's part of the Navi. I didn't realize you were talking about the odometer readout. Yes, the Navi has all these features and more. I'll still gather some pictures for those that would like to see it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Sorry guys, it's part of the Navi. I didn't realize you were talking about the odometer readout. Yes, the Navi has all these features and more. I'll still gather some pictures for those that would like to see it.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Absolutely!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2002 V35 imported direct to New Zealand from Japan which has all the features that are listed above, but mine is all in Japanese. I've figured out the readouts and the numbers but dammed if I can read the writing.
If anyone else knows how or if it's possible to change to English I'd be impressed and gratefull beyond belief. I don't feel like taking up a second language !!!!!

·
Registered
18,809 Posts
Yeah... my navi has all of that!!

What kills me is that the navi's in Japan completely put ours to shame, even the best of what any US company has to offer... their sh*t gets you all that stuff per this post, live TV, better graphics, full on ipod integration, etc., d*mn... i heard there's an option to give you topp if you can find it!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I have to admit the mpg isn't all that great, but thats the price of adrenalin motoring & foot hard down or foot off it still turns heads. Checkout www.fuelstar.com and see what you think (I feel like their posterboy) But I fitted one 3 weeks ago and have improved mpg slightly which theory is should keep improving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Navi does get live T.V. When I figure out the language "on screen" I might be able to enjoy it! It does only pick up specific bandwidths though.
In the FAQ it mentions something to turn the ROM drive effectively into a DVD player - does any one know anything about this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts