Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the ordering process of a 04 6mt Aero, Prem, Diamond Graphite on Graphite INT, Side Molding, Trunk Mat and Mud Guards were added by dealer by mistake.

What do you guys think of them? Do they help the look of the car? I think the Side Molding are KEY, not so sure abotu the Mud Guards. They will protect the paint on side panel a little, and perhaps breakup the rather large side panels even more.

Thoughts?

/NEPTUNE

Okay Make my own damn mind up for me!

/Neptune

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I find both the molding and the mud guards ugly, personally, but it's your car. Do YOU like the look of them?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the side molding and really like them; haven't gotten the mud guards yet but plan on it.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I think the mud guards are okay looking. They don't detract from the look of the car too much. Side moldings I'm not wild about, even though I have them. I prefer the cleaner look of the car without them.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
550 Posts
The Mud Guard package is not only helpful in keeping debris from chipping the G35's delicate Paint, but also it adds a nicer, smooth appearance on the sides of your new beauty..

See below

I say to go for it.. [thmsup]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those do look pretty nice. Did you order them later or did you have the dealership put them on for you? If I order them from Grubbs I would probably put them on myself, rather than having my dealership charge me $100 for the installation.

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jtb

Those do look pretty nice. Did you order them later or did you have the dealership put them on for you? If I order them from Grubbs I would probably put them on myself, rather than having my dealership charge me $100 for the installation.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually Those came listed as an accessory straight from the factory. At first, when I heard they were on the car already, I was a little bothered about how it would look, but when I saw it for the first time, I totally fell in love. It really adds a lot to the car's flow.

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by emoreno

craigdred
What % tint do you have? It looks great!!

G35 Coupe
6MT DP/W prem, aero, navless

Thanks...I have 20% all around with nothing on the front glass. That's crazy to do.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Tints look sharp with the Ivory Pearl, craigdred! [thumbup]

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
818 Posts
CD....That is a great pic...[cheers]

I really like the MG's...For MG's...They flow nicely...They've got to block a lot of crap!!! [image]http://www.muller-godschalk.com/img/msn6/smile046.gif[/image]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Tints look sharp with the Ivory Pearl, craigdred! [thumbup]

Thanks Kloh [cheers]

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

CD....That is a great pic...[cheers]

I really like the MG's...For MG's...They flow nicely...They've got to block a lot of crap!!! [image]http://www.muller-godschalk.com/img/msn6/smile046.gif[/image]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

Thanks Crazy...[cheers]
I think they help a lot. I did find however 1 chip above my rear left's wheel well, which is a mystery to me. Debris on the road is my worst nightmare. You should see me when I drive, staying far from trucks and other debris throwing vehicles...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Personally... I don't like the side molding at all, even though it probably will protect your car from those idiots who throw their doors open next to your car... HOWEVER, I think the Mud Guards look GREAT... I'm planning on ordering some for myself soon... here is some info in case you wanted to do the same:

$85 per set ($170 for both) from the local Infiniti Dealership. They come painted and ready to install (you can install them yourself and NOT pay that $100 for the dealership installation)

$68 per set ($136 for both) at infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/f_MiscPage_2.chtml

-no sig this time

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Has anyone installed the splash guards themselves? I assume it's pretty easy, but you know what they say about "assume."

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would assume the same thing. When I get them (sometime before winter hits) I plan on putting them on myself. Hope that doesn't make an ass of me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts