Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I'm a longtime lurker, proud owner of a 2012 G37s man trans. I'm due for the 30k service which includes transmission fluid change. This trans fluid change will be the car's first since the factory.

I want the transmission to shift as it does now--never sticky, smooth most of the time, with a slight bit of notchiness occasionally.

Using Genuine Nissan 999MP-MTF00P 75W-85 Manual Transmission Fluid seems to be the right choice to achieve a continuation of what I would say is a near-perfect shift feel.

To people who've tried this fluid, did it keep the stock shifting feel or did it change it? Your thoughts greatly appreciated! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Some cars including Infiniti are very specific and fussy about the right fluids so you can't go wrong if you are using OEM spec. There are plenty of good reports from others who have used alternatives like RedLine as one example though. My clutch-fly wheel re-do is using RedLine with no problems.

Others have reported RL as an improvement but that is likely to say an improvement over the old fluid that probably was due or over due for changing. Not sure if it's a 1:1 improvement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some cars including Infiniti are very specific and fussy about the right fluids so you can't go wrong if you are using OEM spec.
My thoughts exactly . . . before this car I had a man trans IS300 Lexus that was INCREDIBLY picky about the trans fluid, so I'm super sensitive to this issue. After it's first trans fluid change, getting it to shift like it did when new was almost impossible as there was no OEM fluid available from Toyota. Ultimately I came up with my own special blend of Redline MT gear oils that was pretty close to the original feel, but it was a hassle.

Do you use Redline MT-85 75W-85 GL4 in your car? Here's a link to the Redline on Amazon:

Robot Check

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah, that's prob the one. The GL 4 or 5 is key to matching it up. I think it's due to the soft metal synchros.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts