Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentlemen, I've decided that the first mod I am going to go with is a nice set of lowering springs. There are already some good sets out there including Eibach & Intrax. They have excellent ride quality, handling characteristics, and lower like a charm. I have made up my mind to lower my ride during the summer. Any suggestions from all you suspension tuners?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not sure what the advantage of doing this would be. Can you fill me in? Don't you have the sport suspension like me?

[dunno]

Any reason why you posted this here instead of under Mods or Sedan section???

Just busting your balls XZ! [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lead, I am satisfied with the sedan's handling with the stock sport suspension. However, looks and center of gravity are something that you can never change unless you lower the suspension. Our cars ride like a lowered car, only they are stock height. If I install Intrax or Eibach lowering springs, the car would ride the same, only lower, allowing for more stability during hard cornering and maneuvering, aside from the increased sporty look. The looks are a major factor though, specially since our cars will compliment any lowered suspension due to our aero kits! I'm looking for no less than a 1.5" drop. If anybody knows about anything, please inform!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

The looks are a major factor though, specially since our cars will compliment any lowered suspension due to our aero kits! I'm looking for no less than a 1.5" drop. If anybody knows about anything, please inform!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Cool. Be sure and set up a photo that you can duplicate at the same distance and angle so we can compare a before and after shot. Can't wait to see it!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
550 Posts
XZ,

You are going to loose a lot of the comfort in your suspension. You willing to lose that for a 1/2 - 1 inch lowering?

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Creig, I rode in my friend's lowered IP sedan. It is non sport and he went with Eibachs. He also has 18 wheels with thin tires. I can't say it's exactly like the standard sedan in silkyness, but it definately feels like very close to my stock sport suspension . I'm not even planning on adding wheels just yet, for now I'm just looking at a clean drop on factory rims, so the ride should remain very similar to stock, with a little added handling.

XL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Make sure to snap some before and after pics for me as I'm considering the same on my coupe.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Make sure to snap some before and after pics for me as I'm considering the same on my coupe.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Will do Electro Man! [thmsup]

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yo Creig, I heard you wanted to meet up with me on Friday in the dealer man! I must of missed you since I got there around 7ish. They washed my car, and changed the oil this morning. Feels brand new again! Holla back!

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey VQ, I don't know if it was my mistake, but I realized that this post was in the wrong forum... May you move it to the sedan section when you can? Thanks man...

XL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts