Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on guys, I know all us guys in this sedan forum obviously own sedans, but sometimes don't choose them over the coupe cause we want to. Sometimes we simply have to! (Family, kids, work, etc...) I personally chose mine for convenience plus I've always opted for sedan body styles over coupes. However, I can't make up my mind about which looks better. They are totally separate criteria and are both nice in their own way. Does anyone have an unbiased preference? Let's be honest!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
No offense intended of course and I hope you all enjoy your cars very much, but I really don't care for the styling of the sedan at all.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
There's no comparison between the coupe and the sedan as far as looks are concerned. I also have far more of a "need" for a sedan, but the look of the coupe was so dramatically better I couldn't resist.

That being said, the more I see the sedan, the more I like it. I test drove a sedan initially (since the dealer didn't have a coupe on the lot at the time) and was very impressed, but I still think there are things they can do to improve the lines.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unbiased.....
I went & test drove the sedan first because the coupe was not available for testing. To make a long story short, the sedan is a great car with nice speed/handling but when I went to another dealership & was able to drive the coupe; it was over for me I knew I wanted (had to have) the coupe. Speed, agressiveness, styling, comfort, sportiness, luxury, etc...
I used to own the last make & model 1996 300 Z. The G35 coupe
is no comparison by a long shot!

2003 O.B. G35 Coupe, 5AT, Prem, NAV, Aero, 18" Upgrade....Da Bizzle!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure that the aero kit sedan (The true quad-door Skyline in Japan), would look just as aggressive had it received a slightly lower stance and an aggressive 18" wheel as the sport coupe gets in sport trim. It's not a justification for my sedan ownership, but an overall perspective since I know that most sedans out there are the standard US body trim, and give a different testimonial of how the real 4-door Skyline looks, whereas the coupe had little or no changes from it's Japanese brethren, except for of course, interior and badges. The coupe however, does have a sleeker and sharper edged trim for those who are more appealed to it, where as the sedan maintains it's classy polished window frame trim and overall aerodynamic shape. They are two different worlds, none better or worst, just a matter of taste. In my case, I could be happy with both to be honest with you. As a matter of fact, I might even be swapping soon as I have a desperate customer that wants to buy my car. In that case, I'll just go with the same trim (6MT Pearl/Graphite/Sport/Aero Package/Rear Spoiler). Well see!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new to the G35 scene as I just purchased a 2003.5 sedan, a/t, aero, prem, nav, winter, blk/blk. I purchased the sedan b/c of business and price (in NY they are selling the coupe for sticker price). Looks wise, I think the coupe is a bit nicer but not as classy as the sedan. Either way, it's a great car.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by finanplnr22

Hey everyone. I'm new to the G35 scene as I just purchased a 2003.5 sedan, a/t, aero, prem, nav, winter, blk/blk. I purchased the sedan b/c of business and price (in NY they are selling the coupe for sticker price). Looks wise, I think the coupe is a bit nicer but not as classy as the sedan. Either way, it's a great car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah I like the classy lines and high polished window frame too. Post your pics soon!

XL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts