Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out guys. This looks fairly good for those interested in a navi conversion. No plug for nissan yet, but I'm sure soon. Also, if you wanted to retrofit it, I'm sure you could...

http://www.avelectronic.com/Nav-TVTuner.htm

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I was actually looking through the dealer part center's book and there was a DVD kit for the SUV's, obviously intended for the rugrats in the back seat while mom drives to soccer practice. It looked to be the exact same size and shape as the unit already installed. If my guess is right, and one could get ahold of this unit, it should be a mindless swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Semi,
Where did you find that info[?]
That would help out greatly.
Thanks [thmsup],
double

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
At the parts desk in my dealer. They have a book of accessories and it was in there. I haven't bothered to find out if I could get it for my coupe and if it would fit though.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Check this out guys. This looks fairly good for those interested in a navi conversion. No plug for nissan yet, but I'm sure soon. Also, if you wanted to retrofit it, I'm sure you could...

http://www.avelectronic.com/Nav-TVTuner.htm

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi VQ,

This is Sam with www.AVElectronic.com .Thanks for the link that you posted.

Just found out this great forum from one of the forum member here that contacted me. We are currently working on Plug&Play connector for Nissan&Infiniti and looking for a local (Atlanta, Georgia) Infiniti/Nissan test car especially G35 model. 10% discount toward the purchase of our system for the test car that got pick. Any local Infiniti/Nissan owner can also contact us directly if interested with the program. There will be no wire cutting involve. Hope you can help so Infiniti owners can also start enjoying Video on the Navi screen.

Thanks,
Sam.

·
Registered
197 Posts
this sounds awesome[:D] but $500.00????[jaw] is it worth it, i mean worth voiding warranty? i think it might be, but i would like to know how easy it is to install,

also what is the difference from this and buiyng a GEX p7000 thats only $250.00? http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there anything that is simpler available? A guy in my office said that his dad bought an aftermarker chip for his Q45 that converted it into a DVD player. Anyone ever hear of a mod along these lines for the G?

2003.5 5AT Sedan/ Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather/ Sport/ Premium/ Navigation/ Aero/ Winter

·
Registered
6 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viczeva

this sounds awesome[:D] but $500.00????[jaw] is it worth it, i mean worth voiding warranty? i think it might be, but i would like to know how easy it is to install,

also what is the difference from this and buiyng a GEX p7000 thats only $250.00? http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes viczeva it's worth it! [:D] Buying the plug & play item allows no wire cutting at all compared to your posted link above at goecities, you have to cut wires for that installation & trying to find a GEX p7000 to purchase that they do not make anymore is difficult. I believe $500 is a bargain for this plug & play item because your system will still have that factory look, ease of installation (unplug existing wires & plug the new kit in between your navi brain & video), & you can plug in many aux items into this unit to play thru your navi video (i.e. PS2, laptop, DVD, MP3 player, etc).
Now all we need is a g35 coupe navi owner that lives in Atlanta to take their car down to av electronics to have their car wiring mapped out. There is no cutting involved & they will get a nice discount on the purchase of the plug/play unit. All he needs at av electronics is a test car so we can all enjoy that navi video experience.
I would do it myself but I live way out in TX.
Hopefully a G35 ATLANTA OWNER can step forward for the challenge??????[clapper]
It will be a painless process that will last about 30 minutes. That will make our lives as g owners even better in the immediate future![jump2][:)]

Oh yeah thanks for the info provided by AVElec[thmsup][thmsup][thmsup]
You have been helpful.
I can't wait to purchase your plug/play system to jam out in my G....

2003 O.B. G35 Coupe, 5AT, Prem, NAV, Aero, 18" Upgrade....Da Bizzle!

·
Registered
197 Posts
well i live in boca raton florida, and if u find somebody there ill donate my car, well not donate but u can use it as a test rat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting! Better info than I'm getting at GoodGuys & Bestbuy!

I'm in San Francisco, CA.
I too will "DONATE" my car as a "TEST" vehicle for any electronic shop that is wanting to install this system!

Where can I buy this unit in the San Francisc Bay Area?
PLEASE CONTACT ME!

BobS =)

'03 D.Platinum/Nav/Delphi Unit(sat radio)/35% tint/mudflaps - GO GIANTS!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmm... it still requires to cut one wire??? if it is cutting one wire then I might as well go with the other conversion....

Is it still possible to come up with a complete plug & play conversion?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts