Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the phone with a tech at Borla. they are in the process of acquiring a G35 coupe for testing a true dual exhaust for our cars. for the Z it is supposed to bump up the HP about 20 HP[boink][bigeyes] here are a couple of pics courtesy of my boy Marcus (TXSTYLE). lucky bastard is the first in the world to have it.....

the tech told me it shouldnt be that big of a deal since its only having to extend it about 6 inches. but we'll see. ETA 2 mos.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
77 Posts
DR RICK![^][^][^] YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I guess all of us who wrote, called, bugged Borla finally got thru with the message. Those are GREAT photos. So, it's on someone's car as a test bed. OK, another two months or so. What do you think? About $900 [banghead](I can hope can't I?)?

That's an even better looking true dual than Stillen's I think. Maybe 20 hp and maybe not, but looks good.[:D] Can't wait to hear the sound. Since they're in SoCalif I wonder if I can go up and listen in? Hmmm.

Thanks again to you and to all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BONDg35c

DR RICK![^][^][^] YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I guess all of us who wrote, called, bugged Borla finally got thru with the message. Those are GREAT photos. So, it's on someone's car as a test bed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The pictures are of a Z. Or at least I think they are.

So get on over there and give them your car to test out![jump2]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That is one good looking unit! [bowdown]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this a true dual system? By the looks of the forth photo, there is only one muffler with dual outlets or is the other muffler hidden? My Stillen system is a true dual from the twin cats back to two mufflers sitting in there sideways. I just wish the Stillen had more of a growl - it's too quiet. The polished stainless steel Stillen mufflers look fantastic from the back.

Larry Bushaw

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i know about the stillen exhaust, it isnt truely dual. there in x-pipe, just prior to the cats. perhaps i am wrong. but thats what it looks like to me....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by EmpiricalG
[
The pictures are of a Z. Or at least I think they are.

So get on over there and give them your car to test out![jump2]

yes they are of the Z.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
16 Posts
almost every dual exhaust has a X or a T conection, even on the borla exhaust for the M5. You dont want your G to sound like a Harley.
Look up close to the pics of the borla and you will see the T cross flow conection bellow the carbon fiber drive shaft (it's a Z).

Carlos
6MT-DG/W-NAV-stillen exh-injen CAI-249rwhp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live here in So Cal, I work in Port Hueneme which is a rock throw away from the Borla headquarters in Oxnard Ca. I posted before that if you call them they will build it. If I can Ill be youre test rodent. Im going to see if I can have them do one up for my G35. If it has the X pipe with the get up thatll be a +++.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
truthfully, an x-pipe is not a true dual exhaust. there will be more restriction with it. a single 3.5 inch pipe will not flow the same volume as 2 2.5 inch pipes, unless i am horrible at math. now i understand the need to equalize the pressure of both banks and all, hence the H-pipe. but an H-pipe isnt restricting flow. a friend of mine with a TT GS400 was running into the same problem. it has a an x-pipe and it was reducing HP. when he went to the true dual it freed up a considerable amount of ponies........

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm. Intersting, what I know of the X pipe Vs H pipe is that on my old Mustang the X w/cats flowed better than H. That is Bassani X Pipe Vs Mac H pipe. I believe it was 2.5 diameter. Now on C5 Corvettes depending on what exhaust you run the X pipe is a plus because it keeps the 2500 RPM resonance out of the cockpit. Also better flow and HP. It will be interesting to see what the Borla kit comes with. I personally like the quiet nature of the cabin, and love to hear her rip it up at WOT. Exhausts are very subjective some people love the resonance others hate it. But for the G35 opinion I think an X pipe may help in HP, not loose it. If the pipes are 3-3.5" then I believe it would hurt it.[:D]

·
Registered
254 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35c_Eddie_805

Looks good. I might stop by Borla too and check it out... I hope their exhausts don't cost as much $$$ as Stillen's..
good luck--prob aroud a grand or more if its borla[:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
A Borla exhaust is guaranteed to cost more than Stillen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe the borla exhaust for the Z is selling at around 700-800...the Stillen costs over a grand. I doubt it will cost more than the Stillen.

2003.5 6MT Black/Graphite Coupe Premium Aero

1 - 20 of 26 Posts