Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm looking for is one that has a little deeper sound but not too loud. Since it is still my daliy driver. Any one have any suggestions and a link where I could some what hear what it sounds like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I loved the Stillen true dual exhaust I had on my G35 coupe. It sounded good, similar to stock, but it did not drone and was barely louder than stock on the highway. I hate exhaust drone and this one made me happy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
As someone who isn't bothered by drone, or the beautiful music a VQ35 can make at full retard, my input is completely useless here. Good luck though.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Me three ...

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I had the GReddy SP-2 Axel Back Exhaust. Took the stock sound to a perfect sound, level, and tone. I have the Stillen and don't like it (I hear drone at highway speeds). Gilley didn't like the one I had (too much drone for him).

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I had a completely different experience. The axle back Greddy on my sedan has drone but to me the Stillen on my coupe did not.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I wonder if it GReddy on the coupe vs. sedan sounded different. As far as the Stillen (both on coupes), my point was we both have very different experiences (Neither right or wrong), so picking a exhaust on what other people hear is somewhat dangerous, because its a matter of personal preference.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Did you notice any hp gain with your exhaust? I'm thinking of getting one also.
Do a search of that by brand and see what comes up. You'll likely see links to posts on forums about what people have to say about it. The one below is the ever famous opinion per "Butt Dyno" but also includes photos and real #'s off a dyno chart.
It shows measurable improvement but very slight. My guess is most are happy with it if they like the sound and didn't mind the investment. HP per dollar is not the reason to do this. :grin2:

Top Speed Exhaust Review - Nissan 370Z Forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts