Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using wheel locks on their rims other than the ones Infiniti sells? e.g. Gorilla

I love my 7 spoke wheels on my 6MT. I'd like to hang on to them.

[clapper]

G35 Coupe|6MT|Prem|Aero|Diamond GraphiteGraphite|July Delivery (can't wait any longer!!!)

·
Registered
254 Posts
look out!!!! i've been wanting to get my hands on a set for a good price--where did you say you live?[:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good points, I always had wheel locks on all my cars, and I must get them now. There's always some ass hole that wants your stock rims. Where them gorrilas at?! [irk]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
33 Posts
My old roommate had 2 sets of guerillas on each wheel, they still got jacked. I got wheel locks on my BMW that require an actual key to unlock....*knocking on wood*

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7860406275e31a5434843c0b942a0016/fc3a14e1.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Be sure to HIDE the key. Buddy of mine had his wheels stolen and he had locks. They busted in the car, didn't steal anything, just got the key out of the glove box. Obviously, you need to keep the key in the car in case you get a flat, but put it somewhere that is not easy to find.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny. I would love to catch someone trying to cop my rims.[irk]

True, no matter what brand, so long as you leave the lock key in an easy to find place, e.g., glove compartment, your rims will be lost.

Here ya go, X
http:\www.gorilla-auto.com

Raj,
What brand did the BM'er have?

Updated 05-23-2003

G35 Coupe|6MT|Prem|Diamond Graphite+Graphite|Delivered and Driving baby!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I brought her home with the locks on (dealer installed). Good idea about hiding the key, as long as *I* remember where it is (I have an old Maxima horror story here...)

John K.
'03 6MT/Premium/Aero

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine came from Infiniti dealer with McGard locks on the car. Hate to tell you how easy they are to get around; I found out from a tow driver AFTER [:(!] my car wheels were stolen on another vehicle. Wheel locks are maybe just a little better than a steering wheel bar. It'll keep some away, but not those who know what they're doing and can do it in seconds.

In my case, the tow guy said these were kids executing an "order" since my former ride had a full size spare alloy wheel in the trunk and they broke open the trunk. Why open the trunk and not take the spare wheel? 'Cause they knew from somewhere or someone that was where the dealer put the wheel lock key! Ah, so.

So, let's all be forewarned by rajc007 and VQ. Good advice from you--my thanks. [:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.