Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need some information from those of you who might have replaced your own actuators before...
In www.infinitpartsonline.com, if i search for "lock actuator," it comes with 2 different sets of locks: with premium & without premium package. The pricing are significantly different.
Anybody knows what the differences are?

(I have a 2003 G35 coupe w/ brembo package)

Here's a cut from the site:

Description Year Core Price Your Price
lock actuator, g35, right, w/o premium pkg.
05-07 $156.73

Electrical - Body electrical - Front door - Lock actuator
lock actuator, g35, right, w/premium pkg.
05-07 $97.60

lock actuator, g35, left, w/o premium pkg.
05-07 $172.40

lock actuator, g35, left, w/premium pkg.
05-07 $64.26

Thanks a bunch!!!

· Registered
53 Posts
It doesn't matter as you have an 03. Those are only for 05-07. The ones for the 03-04 are different. The $5 fix does work but if you dont want to do that, ebay has used ones for cheap usually, otherwise you are going to be paying near dealer prices for new ones.

· Registered
2 Posts
Replacing the OEM actuator is also a pain in the ass.
I have installed the $5 actuator kit on 11 G coupes so far, and I gotta say it's the best option. Not only is it cheap, but they are readily available.
If you're in So Cal I can install it for ya for $60 a door, $100 for both. It's a bit of work that I've done numerous times.
And you/I have to make mounting brackets from metal to mount the actuator to because the mounting bracket that comes with the kit doesn't fit our car.
Plus the actuator rod has to be cut to fit our cars as well. I do/make both of these.
The Door Lock Actuators on the 03-05 G coupes are garbage. When I got mine the driver side never worked.
I went and did this fix to both of my doors because I didn't want to wait for the passenger side to go out too, plus I wanted the experience.
Now I provide this service to ppl in So Cal. The dealer charges around $400 to replace the oem actuator btw.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have installed the $5 actuator kit on 11 G coupes so far, and I gotta say it's the best option. Not only is it cheap, but they are readily available.
If you're in So Cal I can install it for ya for $60 a door, $100 for both. It's a bit of work that I've done numerous times.
And you/I have to make mounting brackets from metal to mount the actuator to because the mounting bracket that comes with the kit doesn't fit our car.
Plus the actuator rod has to be cut to fit our cars as well. I do/make both of these.
The Door Lock Actuator on the 03-05 G coupes are garbage. When I got mine the driver side never worked.
I went and did this fix to both of my doors because I didn't want to wait for the passenger side to go out too, plus I wanted the experience.
Now I provide this service to ppl in So Cal. The dealer charges around $400 to replace the oem actuator btw.
I am helping my cousin to install her Actuators. We both searching for any DIY procedures that might help us on. I guess what you have shared is a big help for us. All replacement you have mentioned are totally costly.

· Registered
1 Posts
The Door Lock Actuators on the 03-05 G coupes are garbage. When I got mine the driver side never worked.
Hi you still do this? I’m in socal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts