Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man
I just checked the local dealership's page, and they have a used G35S 6MT with no packages--basically the car I want. It has 2200 miles on it, which makes me think it was a test-drive car. Soooo, I can probably assume it hasn't been broken in--in fact, it was probably quite abused. So, disregarding the price (which I don't know yet), what are your opinions? Would it be a bad idea to buy this car with a questionable history?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
What kind of warranty are they offering with it?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Warranty Yes"
[:)]
I assume it's the standard warranty. I'll ask when I call.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If it's full warranty, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most likely, it was a test drive car, and was likely "abused." But depending on your break-in philosophy, it might actually be better that the car was pushed early on. In case you missed it, check out this thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about getting the vin and checking with a place like carfax.com? I it shows a change in ownership, then maybe it is just someone who crapped out on their lease. It is only like 15 bucks, heck the dealership may even do it for you if you go there and ask for it before buying the car. This is all assuming you wont just take the dealerships word for it if you ask them [angel].

Just a thought.....

Ernie

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That's definitely a good thought, Ernie. Make the dealership do it as part of the deal, and make them give you a copy of the report.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OKAY. Here's the deal:
2003 G35S 6MT, Sport, Aero, Premium, Desert Plat/Willow, 2200 mi, same warranty as new, $31,900 (could haggle that lower).
I think that's a good price for that car, but if I were ordering one built for me, I'd get no packages at all, which would be $29,500 or so. So what do you think? Would I be a fool to pass this up (and buy earlier than I planned), or would I be a fool to pay more for options that I don't really want?

Reply quick, I've got to call him back today! [:)]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'd try to haggle that used one down to the same price as the new one with no options. If they don't go for it, walk away and come back another day to order the new one (but don't let them know that's what you plan on doing).

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
---v

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I assume you got it then? [cheers]

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[cheers] indeed! It was much earlier than I planned, but I talked them down to a price I was happy with, so why not?

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
congrats! Get those pics to VQ to put in the gallery. [thmsup]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

[cheers] indeed! It was much earlier than I planned, but I talked them down to a price I was happy with, so why not?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Welcome to the little world that I like to call "the G-Spot" Be sure to stay active in the forum. There is a lot to learn from some of the people on here, and I am sure there is a lot we have to learn from you.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

1 - 13 of 13 Posts