Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to apply Lexol to your seats? Terry cloth? or something else?

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lexol actually sells their own applicators (pretty cheap too - like $5/6). And one is round the other square so you don't mix them up when applying the cleaner/conditioner. They are thick terry cloths around a soft sponge. and you machine wash/dry when your done. They work really well - I recommend you get these especially for the price.

However, if you can't find them, I've seen some practical substitutes at like Pep Boys - just make sure its a THINK terry - not thin like the turtle wax applicator sponges.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jarrettblue
just make sure its a THINK terry - <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Did you misspell "thin" or "thick"?[:D]

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Thanks for the tip, jarrettblue. I'll look for the Lexol applicators too.

-Ken

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
230 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jarrettblue
just make sure its a THINK terry - <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Did you misspell "thin" or "thick"?[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

THICK - sorry

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I work it in with a soft brush. One to clean vegetables works real well. Remove with terry cloth.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your hands. Anything else really absorbs all the good stuff your trying to apply.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you serious, 1SICLEX? All that chemistry can't be good for your skin. [dunno]

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Kloh - any luck finding them??

If not, my dealer has them for $5.99 and I can ship them to you.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the offer, jarrettblue, but yes, I was able to find them online at AutoBarn (among other places). I just went with them since they had the best prices overall. I also ordered a bunch of other detailing stuff from them. Should get the whole order soon. [:D]

·
Registered
56 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you serious, 1SICLEX? All that chemistry can't be good for your skin.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am serious. The cloth observes all the nutrients and vitamins and your not really rubbing anything into the leather.

We have smoked weed, we use cell phones, we eat Big Macs and use the microwave. THe stuff won't do anything too ya.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts