Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got a pretty good deal on my 6MT/Premium/Aero w/spoiler/NAV. MSRP $37815, Adj Cap Cost $32950, $0 down just trade in, 48mo at $440. BUT, I SIGNED THE LEASE AGREEMENT LAST SATURDAY AND ON TUESDAY THEY CALLED AND SAID THAT MY LEASE WAS DENIED BY THE BANK AND THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO MOVE ME TO A PURCHASE. What's going on here? They had my credit score 4 days before I even stepped into the dealership and made the deal (negotiated online) and they can't get the bank to approve a 22K lease loan, but they can get the bank to okay a $33K loan? Is this just a way to get more $$ out of me? Any suggestions? Also, my innitial payment of $440 was cashed and cleared by my bank. How could they take a payment if the lease wasn't approved? Please advise.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I would cancel the deal and have them give me old car back. In Georgia they cannot sell your car until the deal is completely approved. I had a Ford dealer try to get an extra $1,000 from me once after I drove the car for 5 or 6 days. I told him no way and he said I would have to give them back the car. An old trick, your friends have seen you in it and most people feel like a fool if they lose the car. I say no problem, here is you car, I want mine back. They already had someone wanting to buy it and had to cancel that deal.

Good luck

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I'm doing. Actually lined up w/ another dealer and got the payments down another $5 a month and get 15K miles/yr instead of 12K. Last day of the month is always a good time for the dealers to drop their pants a bit.
Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Infiniti seems really concerned with their customer's experience and satisfaction. I'd send a letter to their customer relations dept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts