Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are guys. Should have some better pictures later. It was pretty overcast and rainy here today.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice lead!!! Looks like you are ready for your next autocross event! [rockon] I was going to ask you if you had lowered the car from the looks of the first picture, but then realized that your car was on an uneven surface parking. Close one LOL. Those tires look mean!
XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Nice lead!!! Looks like you are ready for your next autocross event! [rockon] I was going to ask you if you had lowered the car from the looks of the first picture, but then realized that your car was on an uneven surface parking. Close one LOL. Those tires look mean!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't they though! I can't wait to really put them to the test. I'm sure that going from 215s to 255s will make a significant difference in my autocrossing.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
YYYYYEAAAAAAH, BABY!!!!! Looks sweet!

(too bad there isn't an austin powers smilie...)

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
97 Posts
Someone please tell the man the truth. Those wheels are busted!, and they do the G35 a disservice to the classic look that the car has....nice tires!

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport
2003 CLK500 on order

·
Registered
254 Posts
sweet lead are there any clearance issues up front when you turn?
where did you order your wheels .. you said 17x8 right[bowdown]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

sweet lead are there any clearance issues up front when you turn?
where did you order your wheels .. you said 17x8 right[bowdown]

No clearance issues. I double and triple checked to make sure. I got the wheels and tires from Discount Tire Co. but they had to special order the 17x8s. They only normally carry the 17x7s.

G-class, sorry you don't like the wheels. I thought they were simple, yet classy and still in the same look range as my 5 spoke sport OEM wheels. Believe me, if they had 17x8s that looked exactly like the OEMs I would have gone with them, but I really wanted the 255s.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

Someone please tell the man the truth. Those wheels are busted!, and they do the G35 a disservice to the classic look that the car has....nice tires!

I like 'em. Classic and simple. Way better than some overly-styled pimp-daddy set.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I like 'em. Classic and simple. Way better than some overly-styled pimp-daddy set.

Thanks Ken. That means a lot coming from someone with a great design sense such as yourself!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm with Ken, get something simple and subtle; too often you see these cars with wheels that attract more attention than the car itself. I find the black center caps a little off, but other than that clean and simple. I approve.

*NOTE*
I am glad that there are people out there as anal about wheels as myself... too many idiots go out and get the flashiest wheels, without complimenting the vehicle.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

I like 'em too.

Thanks Don! I looked at a lot of them, and kept going back and forth between these and another set of new Enkeis. I'm glad I ended up with these.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Nice wheels Lead...how does the new rubber feel?

Smooth and quiet. Very smooth and very quiet. I likey!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Hey Lead,

I noticed you have an alterego on FA...

You are correct sir! Believe it or not, lead_foot was taken. [lol]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Lead what did you do with the rims that came with the car originally?<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Hey Lead,

I noticed you have an alterego on FA...

You are correct sir! Believe it or not, lead_foot was taken. [lol]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

You have dirt on your tire!
[lol]
It's gone now. I burned it off!

[rockon]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
All this wheel talk is making me want my new set tomorrow!!! 4-6 more weeks... [banghead]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 20 of 22 Posts