Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what has everyone found to be the best technique for launching the 6mt coupes?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Any techniques on 5AT sedan other than torque braking? [irk]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
33 Posts
i made a post in the g35coupe section recently about this topic

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
427 Posts
Power braking? not sure what you mean by that.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Graphite / Nav / Premium / ETA April 6th

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Holding onto the brake while revving the engine to the point where the tires are just about to squeal, then letting go of the brakes. It makes for a pretty decent launch in an automatic car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh well then davmj4 yeah power braking is bad for your brakes, and not sure how made it is for your tranny but i would assume it puts more stress on it than it would be used to. But just like launching a manual tranny is bad for the clutch, so as long as the automatic tranny isnt like the Acura CL tranny then i dont think you ahve to much to worry about if you keep it to a minimum.

And trandsetter i read that holding the revs to 2500 then droping the clutch allows for the best launch, courtesy of Road and Track Mag.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Graphite / Nav / Premium / ETA April 6th

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an auto G35 sedan...and when i race i ususally power brake it at about 2000 rpm...that is not TOO hard on the engine or brakes, but gives a huge launch that works all the time ( at least for all the cars ive raced )..doing that will give you a great launch and you will be surprised at how quicly the G accelerates..plus power braking the car at 2000 rps before accelerating drops liek 0.3 seconds off the 0-60 [email protected]

G35 sedan auto/DG/willow/premium/chromes

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I launch my 6mt at about 4K; I used to do 3K before I got my Falkens. That does slip the tires a little, but I want to get them warmed up (the only time I launch is at autocross).

You know what I drive. Pictures.

·
Registered
176 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

Holding onto the brake while revving the engine to the point where the tires are just about to squeal, then letting go of the brakes. It makes for a pretty decent launch in an automatic car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Powerbraking on Nissans does not give the best launch. Just stabbing the gas to the floor does. I have tested this at tracks in the past.

The TQ converter on the Nissans make you loose power if you TQ brake like that.

2004 G35 Sedan, 6M, Premium, Aero (Soon)

·
Registered
127 Posts
i would sugest reving the engine to about 2-3 k maybe 3500 at the max for a good launch, and just dump the clutch, sure its bad on the clutch, and maybe the transmisson but just dont do it to often, and the people at car and driver, motor trend ect. dump the clutches at 6k rpm or higher! but just dont do it alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts