Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen alot of people ask about launching the 6mt.

First the facts
I have factory 18" wheels
I have done alot of donuts so my tires are not quite as sticky as when i got the car.
I clocked all my times with a g tech on the most level road i could run on
All runs were with full tank of gas and no miscellaneous bs in my car. (empty tank shaves several hundredths to a tenth or more off your time)
DO to variances in g tech calibrations relative times are often more important than the time itself.
I have not really concentrated on the 1 - 2 shift yet. I am just working on the best 1st gear strategy
I have 5400 miles on the car
I am at 2500 - 3000 feet (less oxygen at altitude means slower 0-60)

Observations
when i got the car (new) i could launch at 2500 rpm dropping the clutch with no drama now 1500 gets a little dramatic (tires in rough shape). The other day, just for kicks i dropped the clutch at 3500 revs and smoke tires all the way through 1st and blew the 1 - 2 shift but ran a 6.8 second 0 - 60 on the g tech - not bad for smoking tires as much as i did. In my most humble opinion the launch technique that is most successful in my current equiptment is to rev to about 1500 1800 rpm and let clutch out smooth - you dont bog down and you dont smoke tires all the way through 1st this lets me run consistent 6.1 - 6.2 and i am admitting bad 1-2 shifts. TO truly harness the power i plan to go with 19" wheels (probably 19x10 out back and 19x9 up front) and some double a traction rated yokos. I would make my 18"'s my winter tires. Your tire size and quality will affect your launch rpms.

I have read in some other forums and other posts a claim that g35c mt drivers are revving to 4000 and dropping the clutch. I may be on crack but i say bs (no way on factory equiptment). If i drop at 4000 rpm my rear end makes like chubby checker and does the twist.

As far as shift points my g tech flashes at me when it thinks i should shift (it is saying anywhere from 6200 - 6400 rpm) but i dont know if i believe it yet. In general i make the 1-2 shift between 6550 and 6750 (that is what it looks like on my gague it may not be cause the fuel cutoff is real close to that 6750 figure - yes i have hit the fuel cutoff several times - 4 times the 1st week i had the car.)

ANyway, that is my 2 cents, or 3 cents as the case may be

I hope that helps some.

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have read in some other forums and other posts a claim that g35c mt drivers are revving to 4000 and dropping the clutch. I may be on crack but i say bs (no way on factory equiptment). If i drop at 4000 rpm my rear end makes like chubby checker and does the twist. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't think I've seen anyone suggest dumping the clutch at 4k that seemed to know what he or she was talking about. I have seen several suggest revving it to 4k and slowly letting it out.

Regardless, I've largely come to the same conclusion as you for my own driving style.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.