Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking too good. My dealer called me. Infiniti has released info and parts for adding XM sat radio ONLY to cars pre-wired at the factory. The XM sat kit for the coupe is part # B8046CR011 and you also need a wire cover (??) part # B8242AM8000.
For most of us that have non-prewired cars, I did ask about purchasing the wire that the factory installs seperately. My dealer said he has no part # for that nor can he find one. He stongly believes that the wire is part of the main wiring harness and would be near impossible to install, let alone be cost prohibitive.

Anyone have close contacts w/ your Infiniti dealer? If so please inquire about the wire harness fron radio to trunk (where kit goes) and getting it sepreately.

I may have a part # for the harness. Could someone check into it please? #B8377-5Y710 attachment kit.

IMHO, NOW it is time to approach Infiniti legally and get this resolved.

BTW: Unless your car was JUST delivered to you fresh off of production, your car is likely not pre-wired for sat. There has been much discussion regarding this issue but this is how it stands. All vehicles that were manufactured starting in March 03 are prewired and will accept either Sirius or XM kits that will be available starting at the end of April.

BillR
G35C 5AT Laser Red
Premium, Nav
Insanamine's Custom Earthing Kit
Privat Fahren wheels
K&N drop in filter
35% Tint

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My car is being built now, so I assume it will be OK. That really sucks, though, and you'd think Infiniti would offer some solution. I'm sure SOMEONE will come out with an easy fix for this, by tapping into a few wires, etc. There has to be some big reason why they decided to do this, knowing it would screw so many people.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am really disappointed with this situation as well. I purchased my G35 in March, and I enjoy the stereo system (although experts claim it's a bad one) but I am now ready for XM.
Do you guys know how I can get an after market XM (I have a low VIN number)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Grubbs has the parts you need to make it work with your car. Hit the 6MT shop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the tip Semi On. Since you seem to be the residen expert on at least sounds, would you suggest going with the harness fix and the OEM receiver, or would you suggest an after-market fix like
Taboo did on his post on 05/24/2003. I already know how you feel about the BOSE sound system, but w/ my budget, It's the best I can have.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I dig the aesthetics of the dash as is. The actual satellite reception unit is no different than you'd find in any aftermarket solution, all made by nice little CM's in Asia no doubt. As such, it's merely a matter of aesthetics, though some have indicated an aftermarket unit may display a bit more information and I'd assume the interface might be a bit easier to navigate with that as its sole purpose. Personally, it wouldn't be worth it to screw up the look of the dash with a little extra display and the like over the elegance of hitting a factory button and having everything look original.

At this point though, I think it's just a personal preference thing as neither solution should be terribly different.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I dig the aesthetics of the dash as is.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Gotta agree with Semi on this one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Semi On, do you have any pics of your G's interior? With all the mods you plan to make (or have made), it must be quite a view in there.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have not done any modification. I'm trying to buy a house so I'm saving for my down at the moment. The changes I want to make to the stereo will run me at least $4k so it's not a priority at the moment. I'd probably equip it with the Nismo S-tune suspension stuff first anyway.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
if worst comes to worst got with the ADV SIRPNP1 or ADV SIRPNP2 with the car kit ADV SIRCK1 :) it will run you about 149.99 :) and it can brought into your home.

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan | Brilliant Silver - Graphite Leather - Premium Package - Winter Package - Auto
350z intake tube - stillen cai - clear corners - skyline pedals - diomand subs
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440604/</center></font id="Verdana">

1 - 10 of 10 Posts