Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out cruising around, and I was coming up on a light where the road went from 2 lanes (each way) down to 1 (each way). No one was in the right lane, and the light just turned green when I was approaching it. I sped up and went around the 3 cars that were in the left lane. The car in front was an Acura RSX. He rode my ass most of the way down the road. Then he passed me and another car. The road went back to 2 lanes (each way), and I got behind him. We went through 2 green lights with other cars in the way. At the third light we got side by side. It was some highschool kid. He started revving his engine. The light turned green, and we both took off. I got a huge jump on him and just kept going till I hit about 70. No contest at all. I know it's not a great kill, but it was my first.[:D]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Good kill! When I went to the track I was outrunning an RSX Type S with CAI, Pulleys, Exhaust, and different Springs. I believe he said he had cams also. I would take him through first everytime, then he would pull in second and by the time we hit 3rd it was see you later RSX.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't think that we should be very proud of that because the G's engine is almost two times the size of the RSX (3.8 vs. 2.0). Saying that the type S was keeping up all the way to the third gear is something really sad. And by the way if drive the type S, you'll love it because it is very quick. My friend has a type S with CAI,H,E and a hondata chip and he is running 13.8 in 1/4 of a mile.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by h22_luder

I don't think that we should be very proud of that because the G's engine is almost two times the size of the RSX (3.8 vs. 2.0). <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The RSX-S is also 600lbs lighter (2800 vs 3400). That makes a biiig difference.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The VQ is a 3.5L, not 3.8. Hence G35.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by h22_luder

I don't think that we should be very proud of that because the G's engine is almost two times the size of the RSX (3.8 vs. 2.0).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The G has a 3.5 liter engine.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Saying that the type S was keeping up all the way to the third gear is something really sad.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It wouldn't be sad at all, but I never said it kept up. I had it in first, it pulled some in second (never passed or caught up to me, I could just see it pulling). By the time I hit third he didn't have a chance.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And by the way if drive the type S, you'll love it because it is very quick. My friend has a type S with CAI,H,E and a hondata chip and he is running 13.8 in 1/4 of a mile.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The guy at the track was running 13.6X-13.7X all night.
I have driven an RSX-s. It was it was lame just like all other hondas I have driven. The s2000 with exhaust I drove sucked. It is only fun about 6500 rpm, and my 3000GT could beat it off the line everytime. Honda gearboxes feel like you are throwing around a matchstick. Hell the NSX I drove wasnt even all that special. Not $90k special. The nicest/most fun Honda I have ever driven was an 11 second Del Sol that had an engine swap with turbo and nitrous.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
sorry about the 3.8 I didn't pay attention when I was driving it. But as a replay to all of ya'll. You all need to remember how infiniti's looked before 2003...they were the ugliest out of all the Japanese cars. On the top of that Hondas are the best making and selling Japanese cars based on statistics. On the top of that the S2000 was chosen to be the best roadster and even over the V6 3.5 350Z and it runs mid 13's in 1/4mile. Guys don't misunderstand me..I love infiniti's but they are not the best car ever made and they can't ever be compared to the NSX which is the only Japanese super car. I love both cars since we have 3 infiniti's and I also have a turbo prelude.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
One more thing...check America's best 10 cars for the last 20 years and find me one infiniti. They had the old 300zx turbo for one or two years and that's it. But you'll see at least three honda cars every year. And by the way the type S is the best car of the year.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Guys don't misunderstand me..I love infiniti's but they are not the best car ever made and they can't ever be compared to the NSX which is the only Japanese super car. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry, I did not mean to come across as Infiniti biased. I am nowhere near being biased towards Infiniti. I have much respect for all cars and almost went to Georgia Tech so I could pursue a career in car design.

It is just from my experience that Hondas are some of the cheapest feeling cars I have ever driven. And for 90,000 the NSX leaves a whole lot more to be desired. The S2000 was a fun car, but what's the point if you can only have fun when you are getting 10MPG between 7k and 9k RPMs.

Here is a short list of the cars I have been blessed to drive in my lifetime, maybe it will help you better understand why I frown upon Hondas: Porsche 911 (Jeff Blake's car--former saints QB), Viper GTS, Viper Targa Top, Camaro SS, Vette Z06, 3rd gen RX7 (single turbo), 3000GT VR4 modded, RSX-S (modded and stock), Trans Am WS6 (modded and stock), MB CL55 AMG, MB ML55, MB CLK430 Cabrio, BMW 740i, BMW M Roadster, Honda Del Sol (turbo, etc.), NSX (light mods), Plymouth Prowler, Lexus IS300, Lexus SC430, '67 Vette Stingray, '81 Vette, Ford Lightning (modded), LAMBO DIABLO SV[bigeyes]

Those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head. So to me, honda hasn't come out with a real sports car yet

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you work at a carwash or park cars? Haha. Thats an impressive list!

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
so what do you think about nissan? please don't tell me that it is the best car ever just because you own an infiniti. To answer this question, ask about the tranny problems all nissans have after 100k miles. Then turn the music off in your nissan and enjoy the roan noise mixed with the shacking and rattling coming form the windows and the doors.
I love my G35C a lot but I don't like the rattling I hear everytime I drive it and I do believe that my prelude is more solid and well built. And if any of you guys lives in dallas,we can always race..I'm ready to race any G35 in my prelude and I'll take the G by at leat three cars depending on the driver and ready to bid a $1000

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Arlington, but I'm not about to put $1,000 on a race. Maybe we can get together and run em' sometime.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sav505

Do you work at a carwash or park cars? Haha. Thats an impressive list!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

All of them are either owned by my friends or are a part of my girlfriend's father's car collection (vipers, cl55, lambo, prowler, forgot to mention the lotus) he lets me take her out in them every now and then.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

so what do you think about nissan? please don't tell me that it is the best car ever just because you own an infiniti. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am not trying to say Honda is the only bad company out there. Yes I think that the nicest car in Honda's line up is the Oddessy. It is the only car they have that is the best in it's class IMO. Nissan isn't the best company out there either. It is hard to call one company better than another. But over the years I feel that Honda has made cheap vehicles that lack in style. In terms of my G35... without going into details, and not talking about the "benefits" of owning an Infiniti. It is nicer than Honda IMO. I think that window creaks etc are going to happen. My friend's MB ML430 has more squeaks and rattles than my G. I was just referring to overall build. My friend's Benz does have a very plush interior, but I am not much for creature comforts in the first place, if you want wood grain and plush leather go sit in your living room.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

please don't tell me that it is the best car ever just because you own an infiniti. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The Diablo SV was the BEST CAR I have ever driven. The MB CL55 was the nicest.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

I love my G35C a lot but I don't like the rattling I hear everytime I drive it and I do believe that my prelude is more solid and well built.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have driven a couple of ludes, the most "solid" one was an SH when it was brand new. It squeeked and rattled. The door panels were loose. Interior sucks. Interior is not ergonomic at all. Kid down the street has a prelude (tiptronic). His car has about 20k miles on it and it feels like it is falling apart. I am kind of surprised to hear that you think your prelude is better built than the G35. All of my experiences with ludes have left me walking away saying "yeah, it's all right." Also, as far as handling goes, the G35 feels A LOT more solid going around turns... maybe you could explain what you mean by saying that the lude is better built and more solid? Is it the smaller and more narrow wheels that make you feel more secure when driving it? Maybe it is the looser steering? Who knows?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

Originally posted by h22_luder

I have driven a couple of ludes, the most "solid" one was an SH when it was brand new. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As I said, it was brand new, 5 weeks old if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey guys ima noob but wanna share my experience with an 04 rsx-s..i just bought my 06 6mt a few weeks ago and my buddy with the rsx wanted to race me really bad..my car currently has 800 miles on it and new that it wasnt broken in yet....so i said fk it lets go...keep in mind that this rsx-s has intk,hdrs,ex,and hondata reflash #4...so we went to the local road to get down...he was like lets go from a 40 to 80..i didnt agree at first because i thought it wasnt fair for both parties..long story short we went on his terms and he pulled by a half of a car or a little more...i told him that if we woulda went to the highway that i woulda burned him up top..how am i supposed to feel about the loss.??? was it a fair race?,did we not go for that long? or does that car simply haul ass for what it is?....by buddy raced him after words and took him by like 3 or so cars!!! he drives an 04z with cattback intake and st throw shifter....thanks for letting me tell the story....lemme know what you all think!!!!!
vito

1 - 20 of 32 Posts