Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the keyless entree FOB programing the same as nissans? I found a nissan key with a keyfob remote that works.. i programed it for my friends maxima.. and it has the same FCC # as my G35 remote,

Does Infiniti have the same programing steps as nissans?
insert the key 6 times till hazords flash
put the key in the IGN ON position
hit any button on the key fob remote
unlock the doors, and open to complete?

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/
Mods:
K&N Air Filter</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
that sounds correct, except I believe that you have to insert the key at least 6 times or more within 10 seconds till the hazards flash...

I believe that is what I read from a link in a previous post... I am sure that if you would search for program key FOB you could find it

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

Is the keyless entree FOB <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO, just realized that you spelled ENTRY, entree, as in... "after your appetizer what would you like for your entree" [:D][lol]

poor spelling is so humorous sometimes, especially when it is not your own poor spelling.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lmao, yeahhh im not a great speller.. anyway i know about how you have to do it within 10 seconds, i was just summing it up and asking.. thank you though..

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Briliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/
Mods:
K&N Air Filter</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
197 Posts
mmmmm, can somebody explain hat the hell you guyz are talking about???[bowdown]

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
we are referring to the programming of the little black keypad witht he lock/unlock/trunk release/panic buttons on it...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bizz,

Are you saying you found one of the keys with the keyless entry functions on the key itself? I've seen pictures but I've not found a place to get it. Hook a brother up?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Damn. I've been looking for a place to import that stupid thing forever.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
insert the key 6 times till hazords flash
put the key in the IGN ON position
hit any button on the key fob remote
unlock the doors, and open to complete?

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan | Brilliant Silver - Graphite Leather - Premium Package - Winter Package - Auto
350z intake tube - stillen cai - clear corners - skyline pedals - diomand subs
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440604/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
A little more detail, this one worked for me...

1. Get in the vehicle.

2. Close and lock all doors utilizing the driver's power-door lock/unlock switch.

3. Insert and remove the ignition key more than six times within a 10-second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). Don't rush the process, and be sure the key is completely withdrawn from the ignition-key cylinder each time it's removed.

4. Turn the ignition to the ACC position and press any button on the remote one time. The hazard lights should flash twice, letting you know your mission is a success.

If you were going to program more than one remote, you'd simply unlock and lock the doors once again with the driver's switch and press the one button, one time, on the second remote. The procedure is completed by turning the ignition off, unlocking with the driver's switch, and opening the driver's door.

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
After programming the new key fob, I also changed the Hazard and Horn Reminder Mode from Mode 1 to Mode 2. Don't need horns going off when trying to sneak in late at night! [:D]

Here's a refresher on the settings that can be changed by dealer and the appropriate modes:

Door Lock/Unlock (with single click on keyfob)
Mode 1: Unlock left front door only
Mode 2: Unlock all doors

Anti-lock Out (prevents locking keys in car)
Mode 1: Master door lock switch can activate door locks w/ key in ignition
Mode 2: Master door lock switch cannot activate door locks w/ key in ignition

Dome Lamp Timer
Mode 1: Interior lamp comes on when left front door is unlocked
Mode 2: Interior lamp does not come on when left front door is unlocked

Retained Power (Amount of time windows and sunroof will operate after turning off ignition)
Mode 1: 45 seconds
Mode 2: No delay (Will not operate after ignition key is turned off)
Mode 3: 2 minutes

Auto Light On (headlights turn on as it gets dark)
Mode 1: Factory setting
Mode 2: Lights come on sooner than factory setting
Mode 3: Lights come on later than factor setting
Mode 4: Lights come on later than Mode 3

Head Lamp Battery Saver (applies when headlights left in “on” position, not in “auto.”
Mode 1: Shuts lamps off after 5 minutes
Mode 2: No time delay (headlights turn off immediately)

Headlamp Illumination delay (time headlights remain on after exiting car when headlight is in the “auto” position)
Mode 2: No Delay (lights turn off immediately)
Mode 3: 30 Seconds
Mode 4: 1 minute
Mode 5: 1 ½ minutes
Mode 6: 2 minutes
Mode 7: 2 ½ minutes
Mode 8: 3 minutes

Hazard and Horn Reminder Mode (<u>key fob allows you to choose between modes 1 & 2</u>, but there are 4 others)
Mode 1 (C Mode): Lock = 2 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn
Mode 2 (S Mode): Lock = 2 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 3: Lock = 0 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 4: Lock = 2 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn
Mode 5: Lock = 2 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 6: Lock = 0 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn

Remote Auto Locking Function Mode (Doors automatically lock after exiting car)
Mode 1: 5 minute delay
Mode 2: Function disabled
Mode 3: 1 minute delay

Remote Panic Alarm Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)
Mode 1: .5 seconds
Mode 3: 1.5 seconds

Remote Trunk Open Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)

Remote Power Window Down Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)
Mode 1: 3 seconds
Mode 3: 5 seconds

I still can't believe Nissans do not have an "auto door lock at 20mph" feature. What were they thinking?!

[edit] Duh! What was I thinking? To change between Hazard and Horn Reminder Modes 1 and 2, simply hold down the "lock" & "unlock" buttons on the keyfob simultaneously for a few seconds.

Upstate NY

·
Registered
2 Posts
how do you programm you car to the other modes? like I want my car on Mode 4. On GMCs you can program doing the same thing with the key and entering a code into the stereo buttons. Does the Nissan/Infiniti do the same type of thing?

Since there are 6 Buttons on the Stereo and there are 6 Modes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Question, Can this be program by owner of the car or must go to the dealer. If owner able to program this than where is the button for mode1, 2, 3 & 4.

Tks,
tim

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dholly

After programming the new key fob, I also changed the Hazard and Horn Reminder Mode from Mode 1 to Mode 2. Don't need horns going off when trying to sneak in late at night! [:D]

Here's a refresher on the settings that can be changed by dealer and the appropriate modes:

Door Lock/Unlock (with single click on keyfob)
Mode 1: Unlock left front door only
Mode 2: Unlock all doors

Anti-lock Out (prevents locking keys in car)
Mode 1: Master door lock switch can activate door locks w/ key in ignition
Mode 2: Master door lock switch cannot activate door locks w/ key in ignition

Dome Lamp Timer
Mode 1: Interior lamp comes on when left front door is unlocked
Mode 2: Interior lamp does not come on when left front door is unlocked

Retained Power (Amount of time windows and sunroof will operate after turning off ignition)
Mode 2: No delay (Will not operate after ignition key is turned off)
Mode 3: 2 minutes

Auto Light On (headlights turn on as it gets dark)
Mode 1: Factory setting
Mode 2: Lights come on sooner than factory setting
Mode 3: Lights come on later than factor setting
Mode 4: Lights come on later than Mode 3

Head Lamp Battery Saver (applies when headlights left in “on” position, not in “auto.”
Mode 1: Shuts lamps off after 5 minutes
Mode 2: No time delay (headlights turn off immediately)

Headlamp Illumination delay (time headlights remain on after exiting car when headlight is in the “auto” position)
Mode 2: No Delay (lights turn off immediately)
Mode 3: 30 Seconds
Mode 4: 1 minute
Mode 5: 1 ½ minutes
Mode 6: 2 minutes
Mode 7: 2 ½ minutes
Mode 8: 3 minutes

Hazard and Horn Reminder Mode (<u>key fob allows you to choose between modes 1 & 2</u>, but there are 4 others)
Mode 1 (C Mode): Lock = 2 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn
Mode 2 (S Mode): Lock = 2 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 3: Lock = 0 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 4: Lock = 2 flash, 0 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn
Mode 5: Lock = 2 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 0 flash, 0 horn
Mode 6: Lock = 0 flash, 1 horn /// Unlock = 1 flash, 0 horn

Remote Auto Locking Function Mode (Doors automatically lock after exiting car)
Mode 1: 5 minute delay
Mode 3: 1 minute delay

Remote Panic Alarm Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)

Remote Trunk Open Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)

Remote Power Window Down Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)
Mode 1: 3 seconds
Mode 3: 5 seconds

I still can't believe Nissans do not have an "auto door lock at 20mph" feature. What were they thinking?!

[edit] Duh! What was I thinking? To change between Hazard and Horn Reminder Modes 1 and 2, simply hold down the "lock" & "unlock" buttons on the keyfob simultaneously for a few seconds.

Upstate NY
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question, what does the dealer use to change these settings? can you do it yourself with the a computer, using the service cable connector under the dash on the driver's side?

·
Registered
29 Posts
sup fellas,

what the heck does FOB means?? does it mean i can program my remote control on my alarm not to have my horn go off when i lock my car?? i need some 411 on this topic and a detailed reply to this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
paul

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
'Key fob' refers to the battery powered, wireless key-ring transmitter used to lock/unlock your doors. And, now that you mention it, I would be curious to know what or if F.O.B. stands for too. Anyhow, I commend you for using the Search function to come this far, however, this very thread contains all the detail you need to understand and change the settings mode (either user or dealer changeable), including suppressing the horn reminder on lock, so I don't know exactly what more you still need.

Upstate NY

·
Registered
533 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dholly

And, now that you mention it, I would be curious to know what or if F.O.B. stands for too.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

In my school days F.O.B. was what we always had for lunch on Fridays - it was Fish On a Bun! So friday before lunch we'd all say "Almost time for F.O.B.!"

-Chuck

| 04 Black/Graphite 6MT | Premium | Nav | Aero w/ Spoiler | XM | Z Tube |

1 - 20 of 29 Posts