Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, I want to add an aftermarket HU in the compartment above the glove box while keeping the stock HU plugged in to keep climate control functioning normally. My question is, can I Remove the part of the harness that goes to the speakers from the stock HU and still keep my climate control functioning correctly? I plan on using one or Metra's harness adapters to plug into the stock harness to plug into the new HU, saving myself from doing a lot of wire cutting. I'm already replacing the bose Amp next weekend and some speakers, I just want to know if I can do this while keeping climate control functionality. I don't want to use the Metra kit to replace the stock HU because I don't like how it looks, and the jdm way to go is just too expensive for me at the moment. I appreciate all advice and suggestions
Thank you!

P.S. It'd a 2003 coupe with bose.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I haven't tried that but it seems you should be able to snip the wires from the output of the Bose head unit that go to the Bose amp and connect them via rca connectors to the back of your new head unit.

Seems like a lot of trouble to custom mount a new head unit in the compartment above the glove box as an alternative to buying the JDM controls. Are you going to use a remote to control the new head unit. Seems like a big stretch to reach it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'd be using a remote. I get to keep the factory look and not have to deal with bose anymore. The extra work doesn't bother me too much, I just don't like cutting, splicing or crimping wires. I suppose once I try it out, I will let everyone know if it's possible. I really hope it is possible to just use the aftermarket harness adapter. That would save plenty of time and hassle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts