3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Gardiner 
#1 ·

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
2003 S10 Extended cab
1991 Honda CRXsi

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm totally with you on the "what were they thinking" thing... HOWEVER, I think this car has begun to grow on me. Once you get past how ODD the damn thing looks, and start to see the utility of it, it ain't half bad. The thing's got no carpets so you can completely hose out the interior fer cryin' out loud!

Totally the wrong car for me at this point in my life -- but if I were a college student, definitely feasable.... again, once you get past the WTF? factor.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

#4 ·
Ya, I'm not following the trnd of Utility Vehicle = Ugly car

It all started with the Aztec.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

#6 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

It all started with the Aztec.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The Aztec is NOT a car. It's a monstrosity.

#7 ·
I would not buy an Element, but I can see the use for one... I like to have a car that has practicality and looks good (G35Sedan)

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: Sirmilton22@hotmail.com

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

#8 ·
I'm just happy to see something resembling an SUV that doesn't weigh as much as bus and won't cut my car in half it hits me. We should all pray that every SUV owner on the planet buys one.

#10 ·
It gets just as good, if not better gas mileage than our G's too. Not too shabby.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

#11 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

It gets just as good, if not better gas mileage than our G's too. Not too shabby.

Most modern SUVs get just as good if not better mileage than we do...

#12 ·
Yes Semi, totally getting better for the most part. Some of the bigger American SUVs could definately use some improvement in this department though. By the way, is it just me, or are they competing to get bigger and bigger every year?

#13 ·
By 2005, every soccer mom will be double clutching her big rig to the grocery store at this rate. It's absolutely absurd, though I'm hoping people are beginning to think a bit better as Ford is finally killing that monstrosity, the Excursion.

#14 ·
This might be controvertial... but... what about the H2? Does anyone think that's a good idea? I don't mean the car itself, but marketing it as a mass consumer vehicle? I'm amazed how many are popping up in the burbs where I live. I suppose it's all about money.

#15 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

By 2005, every soccer mom will be double clutching her big rig to the grocery store at this rate. It's absolutely absurd, though I'm hoping people are beginning to think a bit better as Ford is finally killing that monstrosity, the Excursion.

Hahahah totally agree here Semi. It is getting pretty damn ridiculous how big these SUV's are getting. Although from my understanding and what I have seen most of the American ones get pretty BAD gas mileage still. A co-worker of mine has an Expedition and he said he gets about 12-14 city...he constantly complains about it.

'03 G35 Sedan.

#16 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

This might be controvertial... but... what about the H2? Does anyone think that's a good idea? I don't mean the car itself, but marketing it as a mass consumer vehicle? I'm amazed how many are popping up in the burbs where I live. I suppose it's all about money.

My best friend got an H2 about 7 or 8 months ago and I have to tell you for the money compared to other SUV's they are the sh*t!!! I love it. It IS MASSIVE but it looks sweet and the amentities inside the vehicle are unbelievable. Not to mention it can practically climb a freakin wall...hehe! Only HUGE drawback I saw was it was slow as molasses still and the gas mileage I think is still the worst out of any SUV. I think GM though hit a landmine with it...gonna sell a TON!

'03 G35 Sedan.

#17 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think GM though hit a landmine with it...gonna sell a TON!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think they quadrupled that with their first sale...

#18 ·
I can understand how people can like the H2, because, quite honestly, it's a pretty cool car. But I have the same problem with it as I do with the huge SUVs. It's so not necessary. If a third of the folks who buy the H2 actually go out and climb a mountain with it, I'd be less critical. But my guess is, it's just the next status symbol.

#19 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

If a third of the folks who buy the H2 actually go out and climb a mountain with it, I'd be less critical. But my guess is, it's just the next status symbol.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Absolutely. Especially here in Houston where it's flat as a board. I consider it just another "look at me" car.

#20 ·
And seeing as it's based on the Chevy 2500 super duty, I wouldn't expect it to be very good in the mountains once it got there.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.