Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from my softball game. While going down a local 3 lane street I spotted a silver, late model cobra. I caught up with him and when I got next to him I looked over (thinking it was a friend of mine). When I saw it wasn't my friend, I just kept going past him at about 50. He caught back up to me and revved. We both punched it back and fourth for a second. Then we slowed down to aobout 40. I punched it first, then, WWWHHHIIINNNEEE! It sounded like it had a supercharger. It passed me pretty quick. Kinda maked me want a supercharger now [lol]. Win or lose, it was fun. [:D]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did? Explain...

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
328 Posts
the new cobra's are monsters, 390hp and torque doing about 4.7 on 0-60 and 13 seconds ont the 1/4 mile. Those things will hand your ass to you, don't mess with them..lol

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I wouldn't mess with a cobra, they run sub 5 seconds in 0-60. It is kinda like when a stock civic dx rolls up to us. They are in two different classes... I didn't mean any offense though...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha...True....None taken. [:D]

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Race any Cobra 99 or less and you are going to win for sure. My friend has a 99 cobra and we raced so many times on the highway and I always win on high speeds. I also raced him with my mom's 500CLK and smoked him really bad. You are going to wil due to the fact that american cars are designed to race on a straight 1/4mile track and they suck on high ends.
Try to race a 99 or less and let us know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by h22_luder

Race any Cobra 99 or less and you are going to win for sure. My friend has a 99 cobra and we raced so many times on the highway and I always win on high speeds. I also raced him with my mom's 500CLK and smoked him really bad. You are going to wil due to the fact that american cars are designed to race on a straight 1/4mile track and they suck on high ends.
Try to race a 99 or less and let us know.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Riiiiight. Race a Corvette, then tell me that American cars were not designed with a top end in mind.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gilgamesh
Riiiiight. Race a Corvette, then tell me that American cars were not designed with a top end in mind.
How many American cars besides the corvette can say that? I think that's a perfectly valid statement in general. Of course there can be exceptions.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'd say, in general, his statement is perfectly valid as well. While certain exceptions exist, American muscle has always been about that 1/4 mile of track or a nice cruising highway speed.

There aren't many American cars that use a limitter to keep them under 150mph.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I wouldn't mess with a Cobra either...They are mean machines....

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
29 Posts
You said it was a late model cobra... that means it would not hve been supercharged... was it sub 99 ?

On the way:2004 6mt coupe/black on black/aero/premium/sport

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

How many American cars besides the corvette can say that? I think that's a perfectly valid statement in general. Of course there can be exceptions.

Late model Camaro and Firebirds, my 94 Z28 ran 167mph. My 96 Impala SS was a beast. I won many times in my Caddy Sedan Deville with its Northstar engine. Then there is always the mighty Viper. The new Cobra 390 hp car will run very hard.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know what year it was...All I know it that it was fast! It had a loud whine, so I just figured it was supercharged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a lot to be said for simple physics. Weight and power and torque speak volumes regardless of the name on the side. The older I get the more I get away from brand loyalty too - it just gets you in trouble. Same for categorizing cars from certain countries. Some's true, sure, but when you talk about individual cars it's pretty much about the car, not much else. Enough of the old fart mumbo from me though.

I find it interesting how many forum threads start with "I smoked a Mustang" or "I beat a Z28". These cars aren't magical. I know, I own one (Mustang), and have owned it for 17 years. It is what it is. Lotsa faults, lotsa fun, lotsa character. It's what got me thru college - the inspiration to buy one, that is. Cripes, I guess I'm dating myself. And my Mustang is not stock, and darn few are. So you never know what you're up against. If itsa stock early '90s Mustang with an automatic, you'll walk all over it. If itsa '87 or '88 LX with a 5 speed, it's a fast ride in stock form. No, don't expect it to corner much, but let's face it - most of the improptu face-offs on the street aren't taking place on some groomed and twisty road course. Anyway, many of the '90s Mustangs until '99 were not that fast. They got more refined, but it wasn't until '99 that the GTs could hit 60 in 6 seconds flat again - something they could so in '86-'88. The Cobras are/were better, but keep in mind they were getting heavier. That said, I love the Cobras, especially the '03. I even like the '93 Cobra, but for a whole different reason.

'Nuff said. Just be cool, be safe, and enjoy your ride. You'll whoop some and get whooped some. And if you see a black '86 GT, it may not be stock - it may have 350 HP...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts