Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that on some sedans, there is a 'door' between the brakelights on the trunk. Some have it; some don't. It almost looks like a gas door. What is it?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
per your other post, this is one of the distinctions between the 2003 and 2003.5. Personally, I like the original with "the door" a bit better, but lots of people complained about it, so they took it off in the .5 version.

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
41 Posts
kloh, I disagree. I think that the 2003.5 trunk is much classier and has smoother lines. The reason why they discontinued the old style is because the trunk could not be released from the inside whereas now it can.

2003.5 5AT Sedan/ Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather/ Sport/ Premium/ Navigation/ Aero/ Winter

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
well, the mechanical flaw is certainly something they should fix. From a cosmetic standpoint though, everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinion - and I thought the original was, for lack of a better word, more original.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I prefer the 2003.5!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

2003.5 ALL THE WAY

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport
2003 CLK500 on order

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
See what I mean? Everyone hated it... except for me!

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Kloh, that little latch had a nickname in my dealer: "The Doggy Door" [lol]

Got 2003.5?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Hey Kloh, that little latch had a nickname in my dealer: "The Doggy Door" [lol]

nice... can I get just ONE person here who likes the doggy door? Someone help a brother out, eh?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

nice... can I get just ONE person here who likes the doggy door? Someone help a brother out, eh?

Sorry bro, just like on a woman's trunk, smoother is better! [bigeyes]

<font size="5">.5 all the way!</font id="size5">

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Kloh, why do you want to like the doggy door, don't you own a coupe? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Yes, I own a coupe... but when the sedans came out first they piqued my interest. I wasn't all that thrilled with them (considering the fact that Infiniti had sent me their teaser brochure on the coupe already and I was sold on the spot) but that one detail made it unique for me. I thought it looked classy.

I'm never changing my mind dammit!

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Kloh, you are getting very sleepy... doggy door bad... smooth trunk good.

[hypno]

3, 2, 1, and wake!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm trying to think of a good comeback but for some reason I feel more like crawling under my desk for a little nappy nappy.

[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You guys are just too much. You deserve to be tied in posts. You're both a trip! [lol]

XL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts