Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was ordered April 3rd and I was told it would take 3 months...guess what? they were right on the money. Delivered to me on July 3rd 2003 my Ivory Pearl beast is finally here.

Just a couple of quick questions too. Is it normal for the engine to sound kinda pingy it sort of sounds like some cars when they shut off the car and the exhaust pipes are expanding and contracting from the heat. My car does this while its running. People are saying it could be normal since the car only has 130KMs on it from today.

Also is the car suppose to shut off rough, shake a bit when you first shut it off?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Congrats IP. [cheers] As for the noise, I don't remember that, but it could be totally normal. Give it a few hundred miles and see if it starts going away, or making the noise less. If it's still a problem after that, then take it to the dealer.

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Congrats, IP... worth the wait, eh? [clapper]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
[bowdown]Your so lucky...mine wont be here till late this month! But Congrats!

·
Registered
67 Posts
[finger] The countdown has started. T-minus 5 days and counting. The new "Brilliant G" awaits. I'll post a pic soon enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey IP,
You're from TO. I live in Woodbridge. If you'd like to meet you can check out my g35 6mt brilliant silver. The g35 does have a rougher exhaust than a maxima engine so i don't know if your concerns are normal characteristics of the car. I don't get pinging (only after the car is off and sitting). I don't seem to have the same issues that you have, or I may be just ignorant of my issues. I got my g35 in march 2003 and have 6300kms. You can reply me at:

[email protected]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by IP_G35C_Boy

The car was ordered April 3rd and I was told it would take 3 months...guess what? they were right on the money. Delivered to me on July 3rd 2003 my Ivory Pearl beast is finally here.

Just a couple of quick questions too. Is it normal for the engine to sound kinda pingy it sort of sounds like some cars when they shut off the car and the exhaust pipes are expanding and contracting from the heat. My car does this while its running. People are saying it could be normal since the car only has 130KMs on it from today.

Also is the car suppose to shut off rough, shake a bit when you first shut it off?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

1 - 6 of 6 Posts