Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the car. I test drove one some time back and found it to be nice. I know it is a little smaller than the G35S, and a gear shorter. But with a good Turbo or S/C it will surpass the G in performance.

Go!

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Until of course you put a good turbo or supercharger on the G that is!

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Until of course you put a good turbo or supercharger on the G that is!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not really. The car is basically running a Supra engine and the ability to push it with a turbo is absolutely absurd on that block.

However, I don't much care for the car. I has a nice look outside and a good deal of performance but the interior reminds me of every rice aspect I hate. I realize that's because ricers are largely trying to duplicate the Alteza, but my bias is already formed. The interior lacked all class and style to me.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I never much liked it. Not sporty enough for a sport sedan, and not classy enough for a luxury sedan. In fact, I think Lexus in general needs a major upgrade in their car stylings. SC340 is on the right track, but still a little odd... with the smallish cabin and whatnot.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually was almost sold an IS300. At the time I didnt have enough money so I had to wait, and then the coupe came out and all bets were off on the Lexus.

They do not have much power STOCK, however their modding capabilities far exceed the G with out having to change internals. The engine is BASICALLY a naturally aspirated supra motor. There are many boosted cars out there with horsepower in the 400-600 range. Since our cars have such a high compression ratio, our boosting capabilities are limited(STOCK, I know you can change pistons and what have you, but it is limited if you dont change internals).

The handling capabilites are right on par with the G, and I know that caranddriver has better stats for this and that, but believe me, they are very similar in handling. That was one f the factors that almost for the IS.

I personally like the G interior better, but it can go either way, depending on taste. The only thing I despise about the IS are the tail lights.

All in all, I am happy with my G coupe, and I am waiting until an IS pulls up next to me at a stop light[:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.