Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to buying a G35C and was browsing through Infiniti website. Using the SEARCH DEALER INVENTORY feature on the website, it shows that my nearest Infiniti dealer has well over 10+ G35C. To my disappointment, that information is not correct at all and the dealer has ZERO G35C.

Maybe it's just my local dealer but is this feature accurate at all for other area?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
It was never accurate for actual stock on hand for me. I checked 3-4 dealerships regularly, and while the VINs were correct for vehicles they had coming in, for the most part, they were all sold and did not indicate what was still at the dealership.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I called a dealer about a car on the Infiniti web site, the dealer indicated that the web site was not accurate. Your best bet is to call around. My local dealer actually new several months in advance what cars they were expecting. As a result, I put down a deposit on a vehicle with all the feature I wanted. The vehicle came in about 2 weeks of thier original estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
26 Posts
check out freshalloy.com web site and there is two dealers you can call. FreshAlloy.com is another g35 web site
Allan[banghead][alien]

2003 Graphite, 5AT, Permium Pk.,Aero Pk, Performance Pk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agree that the infiniti website isn't accurate. Depending on how far you want to go in your geog area, you may be able to find toll free numbers by going to google.com and typing in "infiniti dealers delaware" for your state. It should pop up a bunch of names and their websites could have the numbers. Infiniti.com sure as hell doesn't. Just a thought.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thats how I found my 6MT....Thank goodness for that feature [cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It's somewhat accurate. It doesn't tell you which coupes are spoken for, and I think they stay in there for a few days after they're sold. Best way is to call around. Often times the dealers can check other dealers' inventory more accurately.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
From what I understood, if it was spoken for, they never post it on the site.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

From what I understood, if it was spoken for, they never post it on the site.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's not how it worked for the dealerships in my area. Seemed like they pretty much put everything up, then slowly the cars would start disappearing. My guess is the information is updated from a central administrative location, not the dealerships. Someone probably updates the website when the cars are sent from the factory, then the dealerships report back the sales -- which is when the administrator updates the site again. Just my guess.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts