Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a Nissan/Infiniti before but from what I have been reading it seems like there are a lot of problems with G35 sedans and coupes. I just read the Semi On's thread about the car dying on him while on the highway and find that scarey. My Coupe is scheduled to arrive end of June and I getting really worried about it's over quality.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've had mine for 2 months and so far no problems (knock on wood). The overall quality seems pretty good to me, except that the paint isn't the toughest. Seems to chip fairly easilly.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by IP_G35C_Boy

I have never owned a Nissan/Infiniti before but from what I have been reading it seems like there are a lot of problems with G35 sedans and coupes. I just read the Semi On's thread about the car dying on him while on the highway and find that scarey. My Coupe is scheduled to arrive end of June and I getting really worried about it's over quality.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Best as we can figure, because of how the "cockpit" of the car moves with the steering wheel, what's happening is people are using heavy/large keychains and accidentally hitting them just right to turn their cars off while they drive. They've been able to repeat the scenario and it fits the bill - the radio stays on but the engine - of course - turns off.

The complaints you read are the same 6 people out of hundreds of happy owners. Don't let them freak you out. It's a great car. Try reading about Acura CL's - they have an entire folder on their forum dedicated to transmissions. They're replacing them as often as every two years. That'll put things into perspective.

I owned a 280zx for four years, over 100k miles on it, used when I bought it, and the only thing I ever had to replace was the clutch. I would have kept it a lot longer but it was stolen for parts.

Hope that helps.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I've had mine for 2 months and so far no problems (knock on wood). The overall quality seems pretty good to me, except that the paint isn't the toughest. Seems to chip fairly easilly.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No one has strong paint anymore, thanks to EPA regulations. I'm a bit of an environmentalist, so while I miss the brilliant metallic paints of the 70's, I'd rather clear bra my car than hurt the environment. [^]

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm one of those CL guys with tranny failure...at 21K miles. The car was in the shop more times than I want to count. Rotors twice, vibrating rear deck twice, cracked leather on the drivers seat, bubbled leather steering wheel, transmission, and at least 4 other defects. The nice thing about the G35 is the engine....proven and durable. I expect the interior to stay as tight as it felt when I bought my car the other day....only time will tell, but I know first hand as a former owner of FOUR Acuras that quality has gone WAY downhill since they started manufacturing the TL/CL in the US. Did I mention I can't WAIT until July??? [:D][:D]

Silver 2003 G35C 6 Speed Premium/NAV

·
Registered
33 Posts
You will not find a car forum anywhere that doesnt have its fair share of people with problems - this is part of the point of the forum.

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2001 330ci started stalling after one year of ownership, there was problem with the engine management control in dealing with idle speed. It took the dealer a few good hours to reprogram the idle speed based on various loads. However, the engine still idles rough once in a while, but no stalling now.

And the list keep going, problem with window seals (a very common problem on the E46 coupe), sunroof won't close properly (the whole rack was replaced), occasional rattles due to temperature change, faulty fuel sender, faulty door lock mechanism, sticky accelerator pedal, ....

I guess all cars have some issues, particularily the first year model.

-- VWan --
2004 G35C 6MT coming in Sept.
2001 330ci.5spd.SP.PP.DSC-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts