Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to purchasing my G35S 5AT. I have been faxed the paperwork on the vehicle. I noticed that on one of the papers the date is 01/03. I am not sure whether the car was built in January or if it was ordered in January. I was wondering is it bad for a car to have been sitting on the lot for this long. Is there anything you have to make sure you do since it has been "stagnate" for a few months? Or will it be okay?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
As far as I know there is nothing wrong with a car sitting on the dealer lot that long. I am sure it was turned on every once in a while. Not even sure if that means the car arrived at the dealer in Jan.???

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am very close to purchasing a stock car as well. They were pushing this one hard, and found out it had arrived four months earlier. They are giving me a sweet deal, basicly the premium package for free, but I am still having heartburn buying a car that has sat on the lot for 4 months, with another 2 months of transit time from overseas. I know gas should not sit for longer than 3 months before being replaced. When they started up the car, you could smell a kind of kerosine/varnish smell of the old gas running through the engine. If I buy this, I am tempted to have them drain the gas and fill with fresh. Also notice the serial number is not satelite ready (ends in 319815); does this mean I can't have it dealer installed? At least its a 2003.5. I am also tempted to ask the service manager if there have been any upgrades/changes to the electronic controls that can be upgraded.

Also, anybody looking to buy a factory order car; the dealer have a allocation order cutoff date that is between the 7th and 9th of each month. This means if you order on the 10th, they dealer can't place the order with the factory until the first week of next month (I think they can place earlier, but it will delay the arrival by up to a month).

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The lack of satellite radio thing could be big -- whether you want it or not. Obviously, if you want it, you won't be able to get it (easilly at least -- do a search for satellite radio if you haven't already read the threads here). If you don't really want it, it should be a great bargaining tool for you. Again, search for the topic VQ posted with the sat radio info, and print it out. Make the dealer give you even a BETTER deal.

Good luck!

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Good luck guys. Let us know how it turns out.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Lead,
I am about 2 days away from delivery of my Sedan. I wanted to ask, if I already hadn't asked what kinf of tint you got on your can and who did it?

Moderators, I know that I often just change the original topic...sorry for that<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Good luck guys. Let us know how it turns out.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got as dark as legally possible and I had a place in The Woodlands do it. Sorry but I can't remember the name. Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just can't wait to have it<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I got as dark as legally possible and I had a place in The Woodlands do it. Sorry but I can't remember the name. Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What color mcanlas?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
61 Posts
Brilliant Silver, Willow, Premium / Sport / Aero<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

What color mcanlas?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
61 Posts
Upon delivery of my car, besides driving it around and checking it out to make sure it was not damaged in transit, are there anythings I should check before the delivery guy leaves with my signature on the documents?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

Upon delivery of my car, besides driving it around and checking it out to make sure it was not damaged in transit, are there anythings I should check before the delivery guy leaves with my signature on the documents?
Open the hood and make sure they haven't replaced the engine with a couple of hamsters on spinning wheels. [:D]

I think it's alwats good to check out all the lights, inside and out along with all the instrument panel lights. Also, mess with all the electronics (locks, windows, sunroof, etc.).

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
and, if you don't catch everthing upon delivery, there's always the 4 year/60,000 mile warranty for anything that isn't working properly.

It's more important to to check for dings and scratches before you take delivery, since those aren't covererd.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

Hey any of you Houston guys use AIM. I would like to get your screen names.
Sorry man, I only use Yahoo Messenger, and even then, I might open it up once a month.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another BS sedan, nice M!

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Another BS sedan, nice M!
Yeah, I can't wait to see it. Maybe MC and I can get them together for some pics.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot Maybe MC and I can get them together for some pics.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If Aero G makes it to Hollywood tomorrow, I'll have a nice photoshoot of our double ak pearls for you guys from the bank parking lot! Sorry lead, no gas stations in that plaza...

XL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts