Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm with Gardiner. I use the Duster inside and out. Surprisingly, I haven't had to clean the leather yet. Still looks new.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I love the Dusters, they work so great.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They really do. Especially with a few good coats of Zaino on the car, which by the way, is a lot of work. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
21 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
They really do. Especially with a few good coats of Zaino on the car, which by the way, is a lot of work. [lol]
For some maybe, not others. [rockon]

303 Aerospace Protectant is good for all surfaces. Use it right and it's very low gloss. Yes, you can use it on leather too.

-Rick

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rstark

303 Aerospace Protectant is good for all surfaces. Use it right and it's very low gloss. Yes, you can use it on leather too.
Where do you get this stuff man? Never heard of it. Do they have it at specialty shops?

[dunno]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've been using the armorol wipes as well. not bad, but it has to be slightly buffed with a soft cloth on the titanium console.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I'm with Gardiner. I use the Duster inside and out. Surprisingly, I haven't had to clean the leather yet. Still looks new.

Cleaning is not the important part, it's the conditioning process... Keeps the leather from overdrying and cracking due to the sun! I'm starting my treatment next week!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
XL, what do you use to condition your leather? you also a lexol guy or do you use something else?

-Ken

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

XL, what do you use to condition your leather? you also a lexol guy or do you use something else?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Will use Lexol Kloh, yes.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I've been using the armorol wipes as well. not bad, but it has to be slightly buffed with a soft cloth on the titanium console.

-Ken

armorol wipes? is that the same as armour-all (sp?) I was always told to stay away from armour-all. Plus, the leather seats should not be treated like leather because they've been coated with synthetics for protection.

The best forum post I've found on taking care of cars is this one in g35driver.com's Detailing folder:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=12&Number=6042&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
whoa... that is one detailed thread. Good info though. Interesting note about the leather being treated. Can anyone confirm this?

And, yes... I meant Armour-All. I typed in a hurry and mistakenly relied on jarretblue's post for spelling. The stuff I'm using is specially formulated for cleaning and protecting vinyl interiors. Is this bad? Should I avoid it? Near as I can tell, it does a pretty decent job of cleaning.

And, actually, my dealer just put on some interior protection on the leather and vinyl (as part of my lojack negotiation) with a 5-year warranty. I was about to go out and get some lexol with all the recommendations here, but now I'm wondering if I should basically leave it alone aside from basic cleaning maintenance.

-Ken

·
Registered
21 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rstark

Where do you get this stuff man? Never heard of it. Do they have it at specialty shops?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You can get it from Boat/Marine shops over here. Some places that sell quality care care stuff (high end waxes) carry this too. You can also find it online from places like: http://www.superiorcarcare.net/303aerprot.html

-Rick

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

You can get it from Boat/Marine shops over here. Some places that sell quality care care stuff (high end waxes) carry this too. You can also find it online from places like: http://www.superiorcarcare.net/303aerprot.html

Thanks man. I do 95% of my shopping on line, so thanks for the site!

·
Registered
550 Posts
How often must the leather be conditioned? For example with Lexol?

Thanks[cheers]

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.