Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the interior of the Lancia Phedra sold only in Europe. Just another proof of how different designers think in Europe. This is a minivan by the way. Here is more about it:

The Lancia Phedra is available in a range-topping version which combines the 3.0 V6 24v 204 bhp engine and the self-adapting automatic gearbox. This highly sophisticated gearbox is also fitted to 2.0 16v 136 bhp versions. The range has thus been extended by two important new engines that will further enhance the success achieved by this model to date. Only six months after the Italian launch and four as regards the rest of Europe, registrations of the Lancia Phedra have reached 3,500 while the order backlog covers production for the next three months.

People like Lancia's MPV for many reasons. First, although it's a modern vehicle in terms of structure and versatility, it also has classic features that meet the requirements of mature, demanding customers belonging to that select circle of people who love to travel and appreciate comfort and luxury. For them Lancia has created a prestigious flagship in the form of an MPV, expression of an 'all-Italian' taste that ensures comfort, performance and state-of-the-art technology.

Winning features that today are emphasised even further with the 3.0 petrol engine and the self-adaptive automatic gearbox. High performance (top speed more than 200 km/h), the quiet running typical of a 6-cylinder engine, smooth operation, surging pick-up thanks to generous torque and the supreme driving comfort that comes with the self-adapting automatic gearbox.

In detail, the automatic gearbox can function in three different modes. First there's an electronically controlled 'self-adapting' mode that enables it to adapt to a combination of individual driving style, road surface and vehicle load. All of which means smoothly precise gear changing, performance, reduced fuel consumption and comfort offered by the engine brake. A traditional automatic gearbox in fact ups the gearing in acceleration even when the vehicle is on a downslope, while the self-adapting box 'reads' the position of the accelerator and, when the foot is off the pedal, leaves the gear unchanged. Then there's a 'snow' option for use in slippery road conditions. And a third option offers a 'sequential' mode: the driver can personally select gear changes - four in all - using the selector lever, which works like a joystick (move up to change to a higher gear and down to change to a lower one).

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow, that's sweet! I like the navi setup [8D]

Do you know what that green back-lit display next to the shifter?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Wow, that's sweet! I like the navi setup [8D]

Do you know what that green back-lit display next to the shifter?

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am only guessing, it is yet another LCD with info about the car.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It reminds me of a mix between 80's space movie and airplane cockpit! I'm not a fan, but that's just my opinion [:p]

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That is TIGHT...its looks like a video game console...hehe! I love how nice and convenient the shifter is...not bad for a minivan.

03' G35 Sedan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts