Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying that Injen cold air intake but I don't know how I could go about getting it installed, as I don't know enough to put it on.[banghead]Any advice would be appreciated

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

·
Registered
72 Posts
King, I installed the CAI myself and it was easy. The instructions are easy to read and follow. They showed pictures of each step and what it should look like. You can do it yourself, but it will take a little time. You have to take the front bumper off of the car, disconnect and unscrew the current intake from the engine, and replace it with the new one. This is a simplified overview of the process, but atleast it gives you an idea of what could be ahead. I had never installed anything like this before, but I did finish it in about 2 hours. As for getting someone to install it, any import tuner shop would install it for a small fee. Someone posted in another thread that they got it installed for $60.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[:D]Any word on HP increase? Difference in performance, or noise?

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know if there is an increase in HP or not. I would like to get it dyno'd just to see. There is definitely a difference in sound. If you really get on it, between 4000 and 6500 RPM's, the intake makes a substantial amount of noise. I don't really know how to explain it except that it almost sounds like an exhaust. It will turn heads. When you press the gas under normal driving conditions, you can hear the air being sucked in, but it is not very noticable.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
72 Posts
I talked to the service manager and he said that it would not affect the warranty. I would definitely ask your local dealer and see what they say. I don't know how accurate he was when I talked to him, but he asked me when I was going to put a turbo on the car. I laughed and said that I want to keep my warranty and he responded by saying that unless I actually go inside the engine and make modifications, I will not void anything. Has anyone else asked their dealership if this true?

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
94 Posts
when i had my GS, the dealership always told me that unless the mod had a direct effect on the part failure, that i was safe. ie.....intake mod with a tranny failure. i would assume that infiniti would deal with mods in the same fashion. hopefully.....

Doc

·
Registered
72 Posts
DrRick, thats what I figured. In another post it was said that the dealership would have to trace the problem back to the modification, which could be pretty hard to do.

'03 platinum coupe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts