Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my friend just put an Injen CAI on his 350z and let me tell you.....it sounds very different than stock (in a good way of course)...if there is an Injen CAI already for the G35 C, will it sound the same or different? I was questioning that because i have heard somewhere that the whole intake manifold for the Z and the G are totally different, but i just wanted to know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would guess you'd get a very similar sound. My CL-S has an AEM intake on it... the sound is great [:D]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i love the sound of that intake....thats a nice car you got there on order, its the same color combo as mine. What options are you going to have on it and where are u located. Im around So-cal.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm going pure base! I wanted Navi, but didn't want the premium (which is required for navi). So, I decided on the base 6MT. Will not be in until April since it's such a rare build.

6-speed

·
Registered
72 Posts
well....I put my order in for the injen intake today. They said that it should get to their store in about 2 weeks and then probably 2 more days to get to me.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There's a thread at Fresh Alloy in which someone posted the actual Dyno curves. Surprisingly, the Injen intake offers a very consistent gain in the 10hp range throughout the entire curve.

I'd buy one but I'm waiting to see what the Nismo Spec-R stuff offers at the end of the summer. Supposedly, they don't effect your warranty which isn't always true with other tuners.

·
Registered
72 Posts
semi, I called the service manager at my infiniti dealership and he said that I would be fine. He said as long as you don't go inside the engine, your warranty will not be voided. He also said that he has not seen the nismo catalog come in the dealership yet, but that he would let me know. Do you have any stats on the nismo intake? You hve peaked my curiosity [:D]

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gsuIrvin

semi, I called the service manager at my infiniti dealership and he said that I would be fine. He said as long as you don't go inside the engine, your warranty will not be voided. He also said that he has not seen the nismo catalog come in the dealership yet, but that he would let me know. Do you have any stats on the nismo intake? You hve peaked my curiosity [:D]

'03 platinum coupe
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think we're all waiting for stats. I doubt we'll see anything until this summer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yo, semi where did you see that dyno chart i too am curious now...if 10 hp is what i get that really is very bad...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's actually pretty good for a $300 bolt on upgrade. I'd expect closer to 5hp at the wheel from just an intake. I think they actually measured 14hp gain at the peak. This is of course for the Auto. I would expect better total numbers without a torque converter in the way.

Regardless, here's the graph:
http://store3.yimg.com/I/ntnsracing_1729_27711155

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks!...sry if you find me ignorant...but what is or what does a torque converter do?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FLaCo

Thanks!...sry if you find me ignorant...but what is or what does a torque converter do?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

Not at all, brother.

An automatic transmission works significantly different than a manual. It uses a torque converter instead of the clutch/gear assembly to affect how hard the car works versus how fast the wheels spin. Here's a good explanation:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm

The side effect of having the torque converter in place is that you drop a lot of power before the wheels. This also accounts for the difference in performance between manuals and automatics.

Note, this doesn't apply at all to new setups like the SMG in higher end BMW's. Those systems are basically a computer controlled manual.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Injen CAI intake on order! Probably about 2 weeks before I receive it. I will post an update as well when I get it installed.

BTW, only the polished CAI is available for the G35. I was looking for the powder coat blue to match my CB. :'(

peace

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey gumbee chill man that polished intake is empingao! ("Bad Ass" in english terms.) Matta fact I might look into it pretty soon...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Injen intake came in today! I am going to put it on after work today. I will let everyone know how easy or hard the install is. I will also post some pics after I get it done.[:D]

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered an Injen CAI RD1990P for my coupe from adventon.com for only $215 and then had a local import shop install it for $60.

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gumbee

Injen CAI intake on order! Probably about 2 weeks before I receive it. I will post an update as well when I get it installed.

BTW, only the polished CAI is available for the G35. I was looking for the powder coat blue to match my CB. :'(

peace

Where did you bought ur Injen CAI ??? how much is it? cheap???

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I would guess you'd get a very similar sound. My CL-S has an AEM intake on it... the sound is great [:D]

6-speed

Hi Admin! Icurrently have a 99 Acura TL/Navi that I put a AEM CAI and Comptech exhausts and header and let me tell ya...what a difference in sound and power. My car was the first test model for Comptech, here In El Dorado Hills, CA. Anyways, my point is that when I open it up this car gets stares...and it's not that loud Coffee-can sound you hear from Civics/Tegs either. I would pay more for the sound alone. I hope I can get the performance and sound from my much awaited G35 Coupe on order.
-Jedi

1 - 20 of 40 Posts