Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taken from http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35674&pagenumber=8

"OK guys, here it is. I finally got a copy of Mike's initial dyno from the ATI procharger install! Keep in mind this is UNTUNED with no adjustments. You can see between 80-100mph that the A/F richens up quite a bit and you can see the corresponding power dip. Once Mike leans it out some in that range it will gain that power back.

One thing to notice is how smooooth the power curve is. The power comes on early and stays linear all the way to redline!

Hopefully Mike will get to tune it in the next week or so. He wants to take it to the strip before he tunes it to get some initial time slips to show as well.

here it is...
"
[image]http://www.streetneeds.com/ttnet/up/ATIinitial350dyno.JPG[/image]

keep in mind this is just an initial dyno...no tuning. All I have to add is: WHOOOHOOO! [bowdown]

2003.5 6MT Black/Graphite Coupe Premium Aero

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
doesn't sound too promising to me... at least not without some sort of change to the ECU

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't sound too promising?? That was taken on a totally stock engine...no reinforced parts. 358 rwhp equates to over 400 at the crank. I'd expect another 20 or so rwhp after it's tuned. I think that's pretty darn good for totally stock internals w/ no hood modifications like the stillen.

A special program will most likely be developed by TS for this forced induction application.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
One quick question, what gear was the car in when ran on the dyno? Looks like maybe he was at redline at only 107 mph, that is if the engine was brought up to redline.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I was referring to the fact that you will need to remap the whole fuel curve in order to tune the supercharger to run safely.

when I said it doesn't look promising, I meant in regards to the fact that there could be a true bolt on SC. I think that in order to run the car safely with any form of forced induction you will need a ECU revamp (chebosto {sic} supposedly is working on one currently and impul has a j-spec version) and most likely some form of Air/Fuel Computer.

now what is promising about a [advertisement voice] "complete bolt on SuperCharger kit from ProCharger that gives 370 RWHP" [/advertisement voice] if you need almost $1500 more in electronics just to get it to run correctly???

not to mention that if you were at all concerned about your car you would install a new fuel pump and stronger delivery system on the car... even more money...

the only point I was trying to make is that a SC for 5 grand that puts 358 to the wheels while threatening to shoot pistons through the hood without serious modification and tuning is not too promising for those who are looking to do the mod.

I think a lot of people are not considering all of the facts.

now if you were to say that it put 358 to the wheels and ran on a perfect A/F ratio, then I would have one in the mail already...[:D]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

One quick question, what gear was the car in when ran on the dyno? Looks like maybe he was at redline at only 107 mph, that is if the engine was brought up to redline.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gardiner, if I had to take a guess, I would say 4th gear

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are 2 "kits" that you can buy...tuner and some other one (can't remember name). Anyway there is a $500 difference between them. The other one comes with an Aeromotive FMU (see here:http://216.242.145.16/products/product.phtml?p=32) along with upgraded fuel pumps.

The ECU will still probably need some work though.

new pics from my350z.com...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
nice pics. I didn't mean to come across as rude or anything, I just thought that it needed to be mentioned that a simple "bolt on" kit may not be as promising as many think it is.

thanks for all of the good info though. I tend to probe around my350z.com whenever I get a chance too. I have just been out of town so much lately that I never get around to it anymore. but yeah, I didnt mean to negate your information, just to add to it. so keep on posting all that useful info man.

[rockon]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem...we're all unified under one cause...forced induction! mmmmmmm

anyway here are some new pics

intercooler

procharger mounted

procharger mounted 2

air filter breather hose

chrome piping 1

chrome piping 2

fuel pump

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
wow, those pics look even nicer. where is that air filter breather hose running to? and am I correct to assume that Mike from Altered Atmosphere Motorsports is doing both of these supercharger installs? that man knows his shit...

·
Registered
2 Posts
rlipps wrote:

"I meant in regards to the fact that there could be a true bolt on SC. I think that in order to run the car safely with any form of forced induction you will need a ECU revamp "

Safely??? the default kit runs "rich, <12" under load, ATI has provided a very conservative and safe default. A too "lean,>12" condition under boosted load could be unsafe. I think you have your A/F ratios "reciprocated". The 17.5 at the top of chart is most likely @Idle and expected.

ECU tuning will actually reduce safety margin , but will smooth and improve overall HP.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the A/F ratio is shown by the Darker of the two Blue lines. thus, it goes from 14-10. and varies greatly. I believe that the map you are looking at is the horsepower rating... but then again, I could be very wrong.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gepo, you must be looking at the wrong line. light blue = horsepower, dark blue = A/F ratio

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cry havok

Gepo, you must be looking at the wrong line. light blue = horsepower, dark blue = A/F ratio

thanks for that confirmation, I was pretty sure that would be the way that it would work. considering that the only other thing that the dark blue line could represent would be torque, and it is impossible to have a negative torque (unless you are dealing with physics outside of the natural world).

i guess that g3po (Star Wars fan I assume *c3po*??) just got a little ahead of himself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone have the numbers for the HP/TQ on the procharger system. it reads a 50-55% increase but I want to see real dyno numbers.

Klawria D' Notrub
2004 Ivory Pearl or Graphite | Need a good Dealer!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Procharger Dynoed 378 RWHP and Altered Atmosphere Motorsports dynoed 358 RWHP, as for torque, I have no clue. But I could guesstimate it about about 340-350 (actually I believe seeing that it is a flat torque line right about there)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It woudl be best if a TQ curve were included.

What is most important , to assess safety margin is how low the A/F is tuned during the peak area of the TQ curve.

But gine this curve , it is safe to say theat the VQ engine does not produce peak TQ below 50mph in 4th/5th gear. So the A/F (in light blue) appears to be very "safe" during the peak of the assumed TQ.

I wish all Dyno posts had :

a) the HP curve
b) the TQ curve
c) the A/F (WB_O2 from manifold bung, tailpipe is delayed and less useful).
d) vs. RPM (speed requires that we know the gear used *4th/5th")
e) an ambient temperature reading at air filter.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by g3po

So the A/F (in light blue) appears to be very "safe" during the peak of the assumed TQ. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, it does appear to be very safe, my worry is that people who have put only intake and exhaust on their 350Z's are running in lean conditions 14.5:1-15:1. This makes me wonder what they did on this dyno to make it run so rich. Especially since most 350Z's dynoed at stock were hitting a 14:1-14.5:1 A/F.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

I wish all Dyno posts had :

a) the HP curve
b) the TQ curve
c) the A/F (WB_O2 from manifold bung, tailpipe is delayed and less useful).
d) vs. RPM (speed requires that we know the gear used *4th/5th")
e) an ambient temperature reading at air filter.

It would be awesome if all dyno sheets had this. It always makes me wonder when I see a dyno sheet with just 2 or 3 of the above. It is almost like, "what are they hiding here?"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wish granted. (or at least 3/5's of it!)
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pa7647fd02e30f093a27b09b803dd1a1b/fb8724f9.jpg[/image]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts