Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Infiniti is gearing up for its entrance into Europe, but something's missing from its lineup: a small car. With BMW's 1-series being a popular choice for badge-obsessed consumers abroad, Infiniti needs something similar to solidify its place in the luxury hierarchy, but what form it will take is unclear.

According to Autocar, Infiniti insiders are planning to unleash something that aims to compete with the Audi A3 and BMW 1-series, but unnamed sources at Infiniti are quick to point out that the shape will be something entirely different than what's currently being offered by its competitors. The two options, according to Autocar, include a smaller crossover that would slot in below the EX35 or a hardtop convertible. Whatever it looks like, expect the new B-class Infiniti to be revealed sometime in 2010.
Infiniti wants a 1-series competitor - Autoblog

·
Registered
50,074 Posts

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
great just what we need.. another over priced pseudo-lux-bitch-mobile.. where does 750 sign up??
i just faxed this thread to my local Infiniti dealer and told them i want to be first on the list when they come over!

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I hope Nissan doesn't just fancy up the Sentra again like it did with the G20. Maybe a car on the Altima platform would work, but I would think it would need to be RWD.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
I was just thinking and... it would be nice to have some good competition in more segments of sports cars. But... and it's a big but, Nissan/Infiniti/or anyone else will have a difficult time of competing with the 1 series, espeically the 135i. I mean look at the specs. the 135i will do 60 in 4.8 or less and run the 1/4 in 13's? (Not sure of the exact specs, someone else chime in if you have it).

Other than the GT-R, Nissan doesn't really have anything in their lineup that can really run with those numbers so how would they take down the 135i? It'd be good to see what they bring to the battle though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts