Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My radio is not working at all - it does not find any station, cassette tape is rejecting a second after insterting a tape - even tho i hear music using a cassette adapter it only plays for 1 sec and sometimes not play at all, I tried few different ones. CD player is woking bot not as I want to, it all depends on my cars mood, usually it plays with really bad quality and I have to smack the radio cover to make it work fine, sometimes it requires lots of hits and sometimes just a touch a with a finger, usually only one side is playing. It also have humors about which side to hit, one time it works after hitting the left upper side and some other time a have to bang the left upper side. It only works when the engine is on, when its off the CD plays with a terrible quality. I was thinking about changing the radio but it is pretty expensive and I dont want to risk. I read about the adaper which could do the job. Do you think it is going to work even if I got the issues with my radio? I want something less than $120 (can be used), I want the steering wheel to work, aux is necessary, I would really like if I could play music through bluetooth, I do not have an iphone so the iphone connections are needless. What could you recommend? Thanks

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
What adapter are you referring to? To use an adapter with your current radio you will need your radio to be functional, which it isn't.

You need to replace the entire radio unit of your car. You can go aftermarket with an installation trim kit or fins a used non-Bose radio. You cannot use a Bose radio because your car does not have the outboard Bose amp in the trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am referring to one of those plug&play adapters that you connect to the back of the radio, i.e. grom or isimple. I dont think I need a fully working radio to use that. Is is also possible that the whole issue is because of the electricity not the radio :(

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Does the fm radio work ok?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
You need the satellite radio input and the audio output from the head unit to Be operable so the sound from your external device will be processed to your speakers thru the satellite input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The audio output should be working. How can I check it?
I am not sure if my car has satellite radio input, I couldnt find it, as dar as I know it should be located in the trunk.

$200 is my maximum tight budget to get the radio working.
What is the cheapest way?
Will a Bose radio work with my car? Maybe I could to buy a used factory radio and see if it works.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Checking audio output is easy. Do you hear sound from the speakers?

Your radio should be equipped to connect a satellite radio receiver. You will have a SAT button or a RADIO button to cycle to sat.

A Bose radio will not work because your car does not have the Bose amp in the trunk.

A used non Bose radio would be the safest option to get everything working for $200 or less.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes I do hear the sound from the speaker. But when playing CD (the only thing responding) the sound is rarely prettt good, mostly just one side or one speaker play or the sound is very low and bad quality, but as I said before smacking the radio few times changes the sound so I hope its just the radio issue.

I have the SAT button but dont have the RADIO button.

I think I am going to go with a used factory radio to see if everything works, I could always sell it. I am just afraid about the FM/AM radio. The trunk was hit because its pretty battered under the platic, and I found some glass pieces under the back seat so the reat window was probably replaced.
Would 2005 factory non bose radio work as well?

And just wondering. Cant I just cut a square piece in the radio panel, instead of buying the trim kit, so the aftermarket would fit?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
The antenna is embedded in the rear window so if you have poor radio reception something may not have been reconnected correctly, also there is an antenna booster that needs to be powered.

I don't know if a 2005 radio will work. You have not provided your year and model.

The AC control are integrated into the radio so you can't just cut a hole. That's why you need the trim kit with the AC controller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The antenna is embedded in the rear window so if you have poor radio reception something may not have been reconnected correctly, also there is an antenna booster that needs to be powered.
I checked the antenna adapter behind the left rear window and its connected properly.
I don't know if a 2005 radio will work. You have not provided your year and model.
Oh youre right. Its a G35x 2004

The non-bose radio is much more expensive and hard to find than the bose radio.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
The 2005 radio and trim piece is completely different than the 2004. Even within 2003-2004 radios I have read about slight differences in the location of the cd slot meaning there is a possibility that a used radio will not match the trim on your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts