Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been invited to an Infinit G35 Coupe Focus Group here in Miami. The plan is for the invitees to discuss the car in detail, covering complaints, compliments, general observations, and recommended improvements.

Does anyone have any special requests to ask or comment about?

Let me know

Craig [cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bitch about the lame Nissan FOB, the right drift, the craptacularness of the Bose sound system, the inability to turn off and keep off the VDC and the lack of bi-xenons for me, please. Additionally, my driver side door has begun to creek and moan which is becoming irritating.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Semi,

FOB as in the keyles remote?

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That's awesome, craigdred...

I agree on the Bose issue. Would love to know why a brand like Infiniti doesn't investigate better audio partners. While Bose has a good name among general consumers, it's got such a horrible reputation among people who actually care about audio -- I'd love to know if they have plans on changing it anytime soon.

If they ask you how much you'd be willing to pay for the car, don't say more than what you already paid!!!

I'd recommend adding the same functionality to the nav that is available on the M and FX navs. Specifically, the ability to modify the car settings through the nav.

Memory Seats!!!

You might also re-read the thread on people's likes and dislikes. In fact, I'd print it out and bring it with you. That way they get the benefit of a lot more opinions. Having held/been involved with focus groups myself, this is info that I would find very insightful.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. [cheers]

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">FOB as in the keyles remote?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's the one. I've read accounts online that the Skyline in Japan uses a key with the functions integrated there. I'm pissy that I have this stupid Nissan FOB as an alternative.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Memory Seats!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Another good one. Hell, I'd be happy if the seats returned to their original position when you let someone into the back.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Hell, I'd be happy if the seats returned to their original position when you let someone into the back.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This one confuses me. I know there have been a lot of complaints about this, but mine actually seem to return to their original position. Although it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Wierd.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Your seat back doesn't.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Your seat back doesn't.
Ah... I hadn't noticed.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Your seat back doesn't.
Ah... I hadn't noticed.

I don't think owners buy the coupe knowing they will be using the back seats often...although I could be wrong! This is why I bought a sedan. Love the extra room. [:D]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Registered
123 Posts
They have focus groups? Sounds like an AA meeting or something...

The brake pad issue/rotor issue that i've been hearing about everywhere?

Recommendation: cooled seats/heated seats!
(I find that when I turn on the AC the air just doesn't quite hit the spot down there on most cars[:D])

Now that they have record sales...improve service!

aim: johnnzen
email: [email protected]
'o4 sedan

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bad syncros in the 6MT...those have to go :) Hell that is why I sold my TL for the G.

I would also love that Japanese key FOB, and maybe even the Double DIN dash, albeit for less money than the headunit that would be going in.

'03 G35c 6MT, DG/Graphite, nav, prem, aero

·
Registered
33 Posts
I snagged this from my post on the headlight
thread but it applies.

Why does the upscale version of the car get
the basic option set.

Z gets HID projectors G gets xenon reflectors
Z gets a variety of trip data G gets outside temperature
Z gets integrated subwoofer G just gets speakers

I love the styling and extra space of the G but it seems
I would have had a better car value if the wife didn't so
hate the Z styling.

I'd add

Memory Seats
8 way power both sides
Hands free phone option over Satellite radio

KSW

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone have any special requests to ask or comment about?

Let me know

Craig [cheers]

Great! Things that don't cost anything: fix the 6mt--one of the more difficult to get right off the line/1-2gear shift; brakes--pads/rotors/lifespan; VDC either full on or full off.

Things that may cost the customer/company: telescope steering wheel; memory seat buttons (may require electric seat rake adjustment vs. current manual rake); get rid of/replace crap Bose stereo (not an audio person, but I can tell how bad it is); key fob issue (but really way down on list for me); auto dim/heated outside mirrors (also way down on list for me).

Thanks, no particular order to above. Plz tell us how it turns out--if they really seem like they're listening to you or just taking notes. Their attitude can/may tell you a lot about how serious they are. Also, they may be an outside "group" which means no one from Nissan/Infiniti is there except a pr person.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello all,

The forum went on as planned and this was not a forum to discuss what is wrong with the car or what they can improve. This was more a questions and answer period of why i bought this car,a nd what was I thinking when I bought it. Also, they were asking me wierd questions like when I day dream about me driving the G, Am I with someone or alone...[bigeyes]

I guess they are trying to figure what they did right with the G35. amd what they should do when the new shape hits around 2005. [angel]

We had a group of 10 people in the group (all male), ranging from 55 year old retired to 25 year old student/party animal to a total "G35aholic" [cheers](me). As much as I could, I mentioned 6mt.net to the Infiniti Execs, and sold the site to everyone with the words "The most informative site for G35 Enthusiasts who crave knowledge."

All the group members had never heard of 6mt.net, but were going to check it out.

I think the whole reason why they had this focus group was to see what they did right this time, and what they need to do when the new shape comes out. From one of the questions, I have gathered that they are strongly considering a Hard-Top convertible model to possible "REPLACE" the current Coupe. Yes, you heard it, REPLACE, not add. They asked if I would be happy with the Hard Top convertible, and my answer was a BIG NO. I explained not everyone likes a convertible, and by doing that will cut your market down sharply. I also explained the fact that many people are coming off the SUV Ride, and are looking for a sports/luxury coupe to replace it, hence the G35. They are going to continue to consider the convertible, but he said it was not definite. Everybody was saying how nice the car would be with no roof, and it seems like I was the only one looking out for performance, explaining Hard-Top convertible brings about 350 lbs more of unnecessary weight, thus killing the performance side. We will see what happens in the near future.
There was no room for speaking about the current issues as that was not on the menu.
However,Everyone was in agreement with the current issues in our little side talks we all had after the meeting.
I remember one person saying how he is having a nightmare with brake dust on his Non-Brembo G35 coupe, and he is going to need new brakes very soon. But as a whole, all 10 drivers love the G35 very much, and talked about being their best car ever, beating such old cars as a 99 corvette , and a 540i BMW.

It was very interesting and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was also cool to see about 12 G35 Coupes parked together. SWWWWWWEET Sight [jump2] [jump2]

[cheers]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts