Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Oh hell yes!

Rumors abounded before the Geneva Auto Show that the company was bringing a new crossover. Well, for anyone who really wanted YET ANOTHER crossover from the Japanese luxury arm of Nissan we hate to tell you this but … they decided to take the wraps of a 600hp Hybrid Concept car instead. It’s name? The Essence Concept.

We won't ramble on about the design elements - you can stare at the pictures for that. (Or read the press release below).

Let's just say it's achingly beautiful. It does, however, look a lot like the Lexus FL-A - only with classic Infiniti styling.

As for the powerplant, it is made up of Infiniti's 3.7-liter V6 engine with two turbochargers and direct injection and makes 440hp. An electric motor is also a part of the package. The electric motor is a new innovation from Infiniti, which the company called 3D Motor. Infiniti says it is quite small but makes twice the power of a conventional electric motor. This motor creates 160hp and uses lithium-ion battery pack in the trunk area to store power.

As to speculation over if this car will ever make it to market, the possibility seems to be there as Infiniti has repeatedly boasted that they intend to take on the entire European market.

More: Infiniti Essence Concept: A 600 Horsepower Hybrid on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
wow...looks interesting, but I'd even settle for just a G with this motor:
Infiniti's 3.7-liter V6 engine with two turbochargers and direct injection and makes 440hp. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I picture this attacking the market of the Aston Martin DB9/DBS, assuming that it makes it to production

·
Registered
18,809 Posts
I picture this attacking the market of the Aston Martin DB9/DBS, assuming that it makes it to production
i was thinking the exact same thing, but the good thing about Nissan is that they want people to drive their cars, not just have them looking sexy on a showroom floor... if i had to guess, i would say it would be in the same price range as the GT-R (provided it makes it to production spec)!!

... anything less than GT-R asking price & i'm getting one the 1st day, don't try to stop me!!

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
no... but i could see them watering it down and introducing something along those lines... something above the G coupe. let's just hope they work on putting out a true flagship before that though.

·
Administrator
105,691 Posts
no... but i could see them watering it down and introducing something along those lines... something above the G coupe. let's just hope they work on putting out a true flagship before that though.
i dont see that happening at all

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want One

1 - 13 of 13 Posts