Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My '06 G35 is ready for a clutch, and I'm not in a position to change it out myself. I took it to my regular shop, but the guy didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about when I explained that the car has a dual-mass flywheel (their failure to reproduce the clutch slippage didn't inspire a lot of confidence either).

I'm looking for someone in the DC metro area (i.e., DC, MD or Northern VA) to change it out, who has experience with these cars (well, anyone who knows about dual-mass flywheels will do), and won't charge 75% of the car's bluebook value like the dealer would.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Can't help in that area but good luck.

Had my 04 done locally and found a good shop. I was at approx. 108,000 miles and the third owner.

I'd read of a few less than perfect outcomes, some involving the shop and others related to the parts some went with. Too many reports of issues with the work where the shop blamed the parts or the parts company blamed the shop.

I stuck with OEM Exedy kit/Luk DM fly wheel. No complaints. At the time, I think $400 was typical labor and I was out close to $1200 on parts and misc.
Paid a bit extra for RedLine fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts