Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my A/C and alternator belts because they were squealing, unfortunately after I replaced them I started hearing some clicking noises only while driving, the noise stops when car is idle.

I removed the idler pulley and pulley alone doesn't make any noise.

However when I put the dust cover and the thick bearing there seems to be some wiggle room for that thick bearing to move, see pic 2. Is that normal? If I move this whole thing assembled back and forth I can hear that rear bearing move between the pulley and the dust cover.

In addition when this goes back on the car there's a bracket between the screw and that rear dust cover, but even without it I barely have space to put the lug nut at the end (see pic 3 and 4). What am I doing wrong? I know there should be more space for that screw since a bracket is supposed to be in there as well.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
^^ ha ha .... good one.
I consider myself qualified to make the following comment;

Those are some pretty nice photos !!

If you are still hung up on that issue you can PM someone like Gilley - Ninja - TG - 514 ....
I think the traffic here is a bit slow so responses are respectively slower. I missed the OP completely and I'm on here pretty often.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
^^What he said.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I got this resolved. In the pictures I assembled the pulley backwards which was the problem. Once I put the pulley the other way around it all worked out.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Ha ,,, thanks for the update. Maybe the title of your photo's should be

"don't do this !" :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I replaced my A/C and alternator belts because they were squealing, unfortunately after I replaced them I started hearing some clicking noises only while driving, the noise stops when car is idle.

I removed the idler pulley and pulley alone doesn't make any noise.

However when I put the dust cover and the thick bearing there seems to be some wiggle room for that thick bearing to move, see pic 2. Is that normal? If I move this whole thing assembled back and forth I can hear that rear bearing move between the pulley and the dust cover.

In addition when this goes back on the car there's a bracket between the screw and that rear dust cover, but even without it I barely have space to put the lug nut at the end (see pic 3 and 4). What am I doing wrong? I know there should be more space for that screw since a bracket is supposed to be in there as well.

Does anyone know what size nut is that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I played around with it yesterday and realized I kept trying to assemble the pulley backwards.
I just lost mine on the highway can you please show me if the fat bearing goes in the box and the skinny bearing in the front I don’t know how to put them simply back on Any help would be appreciated thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts